I have been living in a cold, foreign land for a year because of a relationship and I have struggled to find work the whole time. I can't even find work in the area I have spent my working life working in because of language issues and possibly a bit of xenophobia. I quit my job last year to do something more interesting with my life but I can't get started in this new country, its not possible to retrain or study without being here at least another year. I have got an interview in the capital city of my home country next week in my previous work sector - a bit more interesting but the same sector. I hate big cities and I dont want to leave my partner but I feel i have no choice but to face up to my responsibilities and go where the work is. The last year has put me into a bit of debt because i live in an expensive country.
dereksmalls dereksmalls 36-40 10 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Work

Well i guess there is only one question to answer.

Do you want to make a living.....Or make a life.?

Doing a job you dont like to "survive" would be making a living.

Doing something you love even when everyone else is calling you "crazy".......That is making a life.

Best Answer

Awesome profile pic

Best Answer

Well, presumably you weren't killed by Sandy, your house didn’t burn down or flood and those you love aren't in shock sitting on their possessions waiting for Federal help. Perhaps you are not on a gas line for excess of 7 hours and didn’t lose a day’s pay because you couldn’t get to work or sitting on a pile of rubble having lost everything, including irreplaceable photos and your children’s' are collected and preserved for years. I don't think you are just discovering you are under-insured or sitting in a shelter worrying that looters are picking at your bones. Most of all- I hope your children can get to school and aren’t suffering in the cold or are hungry. God Bless

Best Answer

thats perspective...although the adrenaline rush might make a change from abject depression.

Best Answer

volunteer to help- it truly is sorrowful on the south shore of Long Island and parts of NYC

Best Answer

Seemingly blank.

Best Answer

updated..damn buttons

Best Answer

Keep forging ahead. Something will pop... this life is a trip. You made a brave step forward, keep the momentum...

Best Answer

Sure, with the information you provided I'll just say................................................................

Best Answer

really

Best Answer