I have nothing against the genre..it has its niche..but I have yet to see a romance film that I can really get into. They all seem to be..for lack of a better word..mushy "Oh mah gerrd I love this guy! Oh no we can't be together..Oh yay, we can be together!" Not to be reductive but..come on now..I want a romance film with some kind of GENUINE tension, unpredictability..tears and heart wrenching situations..a romance I can CARE about..not something that makes me feel like I just ate a wheel of cheese and want to vomit. I also dislike movies that are suffocatingly happy. So far the romance films I have given high ratings to are: Shinobi: Heart under blade Kaidan Arn: The Knight Templar Fatal Attraction If that helps anyone recommend something.
SilenceEvermore SilenceEvermore 22-25 16 Answers Feb 9, 2013 in WTK

Hummmm the Die hard movies are nice. New one coming out this week

Best Answer

50 first dates =) It is funny but it made me cry. dik if your into that kinda thing.

Best Answer

So far there's been some excellent recommendations. Here are a couple of my favorites<br />
Hors de prix (Priceless)<br />
If Only

Best Answer

Drugstore Cowboy

Best Answer

It's not overwhelmingly happy or goofy, is it?

Best Answer

Very far from it.

Best Answer

Oh good. I'll check it out then. Thanks for the recommendation, my crazy liberal friend :P

Best Answer
Best Answer

Modern Times

Best Answer

The Charlie Chaplin film?

Best Answer

Yep. Not only is it hilarious, but it also has a cute love story thrown in.

Best Answer

Ok! I'll check it out. Not usually a fan of funny stuff, but I have yet to see a Chaplin film. I will give it a shot. Tahnk you ^_^

Best Answer

Dear Frankie (2004)<br />
Adam (2009)

Best Answer

Both of those sound quite interesting! Thanks for recommending them.

Best Answer

I loved Somewhere in Time, because the lovers truly had a unique obstacle to overcome.

Best Answer

Oh, self-hypnosis o.O. It's not hokey, is it -.o?

Best Answer

Um, what does o.O mean?

Best Answer

obviously contrived ^_^

Best Answer

Oh. Okay!! I didn't think the movie was contrived, but to each her own LOL!

Best Answer

brokeback mountain?

Best Answer

Not gay romance x_x

Best Answer

even if it is utterly predictable and insultingly cliche predictable and cheesy, It Happened One Night is a classic

Best Answer

I may check that out. I appreciate the first recommend, I just don't want to watch Heath Ledger kissing other guys and such. Thank you for the second one as well :D

Best Answer

romancing the stone? (its old)

Best Answer

I love Michael Douglas, I might check it out. I am not particularly fond of comedies ._.

Best Answer

Thanks for the recommendation either way ^_^

Best Answer

Tess of the d'urbevilles (if you like classics tho)

Best Answer

BBC series?

Best Answer

Thats good, yes.

Best Answer

Ok, I will check it out. Thanks for recommending it ^_^

Best Answer