I've been together with my boyfriend for a year and a half now.. and we decided to meet his parents a couple months ago, I was so excited because I wanted to know how it feels to meet a family who raised my boyfriend and laugh and joke about his childhood and cute things about him.. But it turned out to be different. I saw that his mom acts like she likes me but keeps on giving me advice as if I did something wrong in front of my boyfriend so that he would think that I said something wrong and argue.. like "you should respect your future husband in front of the others" and those kind of stuff, and was starring at me all the time, and when I texted my sister she was eyebrow -ing me like " who are you texting". He is wonderful but his family isn't like mine and it's going to be hard for me to cope with them..and she said she wants to live with us in the future. I never thought this is going to happen to me I'm so concerned that I might not be able to spend my life my way :( please answer
cupcake254 cupcake254 18-21, F 2 Answers Mar 21 in Dating & Relationships

Make it clear now that that won't be happening . Make it clear to your boyfriend that his mother will not be a part of any decision making . If he doesn't like that .. run .

Best Answer

I said that I want to live with you.. I don't want to get married to your family. And he said you should like them too and those kind of stuff and if that's what they wish it's going to happen. gosh I feel terrible about it, I need my privacy and my family tells my brother that he can live wherever he wants with his wife and I'm not used to these kind of people it's ruining my relationship

Best Answer

Don't commit to this. A man who is torn between his mother and his wife makes a terrible husband !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer