Get medicated, stay on them and get regular blood tests. I've had depression and anxiety for over 12 years now. There are times I am so low in depression I just dont care if I have a job or not, but then I look at my wife and kids and head into work. The meds help. Having something to anchor you helps too.

Best Answer

I've worked for about the last 25 years. My best job was a Park Ranger for two years. I'm working as a janitor now. It pays good and the hours suit me. I've been their two years. But I know for a fact that MANY, MANY people with mental illness hold down jobs for significant periods of time. AND many people with mental illness graduate from college. And live independently , drive cars, have friends and husbands and wives and healthy normal children.Maybe a lot of people with mental illness don't accomplish EVERYTHING I listed but some do combinations of those things. Don't rule too much stuff out because you have mental illness.

Best Answer

man i hope sooooooooooo

Best Answer

YEP, I DO HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL<br />
DOES WORKING FOR YOURSELF COUNT?<br />
TRUE STORY

Best Answer

dam rite working for yourself counts!!!! good on you:)

Best Answer

stablize with meds

Best Answer

Well considering around 20% of the population has some kind of mental illness, it doesn't render you incapable.

Best Answer

Why do you think they have a mental illness?

Best Answer

I was just asking...if someone with major depression, ADD, OCD &amp; PTSD can work...especially in my case, lack of focus / concentration with the bad anxiety.

Best Answer

If i can do it you can do it.

Best Answer

my office is full of them. from the girl at the front desk with "daddy issues" to the guy down the hall who hordes sugar packets in his desk drawer like they were gold and lets not forget the boss senior partner who claimes to have germaphobie but doesnt have a problem spending thursday afternoons at the ***** club get lap dances.

Best Answer

;)

Best Answer

Yes they can depending how bad it is

Best Answer

Happens all the time.

Best Answer

I can and do

Best Answer

sure.

Best Answer