I've never taken it before, but last night I did at about 4 am and couldn't even get myself out of bed in the morning, felt paralyzed and confused. I woke up reluctantly at 5 pm today when my parents called and asked if I was alright. I still feel weak. I'm not tired; in fact I'm now wide awake; I just don't feel up to doing anything today.
xxLizRockszz xxLizRockszz 18-21, F 8 Answers Jun 20, 2010

Of course it will do that to you. That is what it does. There is nothing wrong with you. If you take it, you got to expect to sleep 8 hours of sleep. It affects people so differently that it is to complicated to explain with out knowing dosage, time type, prescription, overthecounter, symptoms, reasons for taking it, time you took it. and alot more. Don't take it unless you know what it will do to you and prepare your schedule accordingly to those side effects.<br />
People and their medications nowadays. Be carefull, with yourself.<br />
Okay, well that's not out of the ordinary. I usually sleep no more than 6 hours but with bendryl I sleep 9 hours. Don't worry. You'll be okay.

Best Answer

I did expect 8 hours. Instead I got 13.

Best Answer

I only take Benadryl if absolutely necessary because of the terrible affect it has on me. I sleep all day long after taking it, the night before. I feel like a lose a day of my life because of it. The muscle weakness is just part of the overall effect of the drug. It's a terrible feeling!

Best Answer

yes, read the directions...

Best Answer

i thought that's why you take it.

Best Answer

Yeah, they use the same ingredient (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) in Nytol as a sleep aid... which doesn't effing work for me, but eh. Choose a non drowsy antihistamine next time.

Best Answer

How much did you take? Check the list of side-effects that comes in the package. If you didn't get one, then Google it. It can be linked to drowsiness, but I'm not sure of the muscle fatigue.

Best Answer

It actually says sleeplessness may be a result, too, but I took the recommended dosage.

Best Answer