I got into trouble back in 2004. I have one year of probation left. My fiance was just released from prison for the same crime. We got into trouble at the same time but he took most of the fall for it. Can we live in the same house without being married?welcome=t4
redmad88 redmad88 26-30 9 Answers May 14, 2009

qit does depend on the state. However most states it's a no you can not live or associate with other felons. But definitely contact your P.O. or a lawyer and find out for sure. If you really love eacother you wouldn't want to do anything to risk going back to prison. Lots of luck..

Best Answer

Depends on the state. <br />
In Cali: there is no contact allowed with felons, while on probation or parole. <br />
Does anyone follow that rule? No. So, no worries. Just don't do anything to get your P.O. or cops involved and you should be fine.

Best Answer

Ask your P.O. or your lawyer.

Best Answer

It doesn't sound like the two of you are off to too great of a start....<br />
I live in midwest US, and in this state, 2 felons can't associate with each other at all, while on probation/parole....If they find out, you are back to prison, for parole/probation violation.

Best Answer

In my state, if you were already together (married or not), you can stay together after getting into trouble. However, if you started a relationship AFTER both getting in trouble, it is actually a parole/probation violation to be together ANYWHERE, much less in same house.

Best Answer

Good question. I'd like to know the answer too. Each state is different, but I think the answer is no. I don't even think they'd ok it if you were to get married now, because you would have had to have been married before the crime. Hell, they may not even let previously married felons live together. I'm not sure. The system is retarded. I'm sorry you're having to deal with such bullshit when you should be able to enjoy the fact your love is getting freed.

Best Answer