holloway64 holloway64 46-50, M 17 Answers Dec 15, 2012 in Hobbies

You as a country can do anything you want. You just have to change the constitution pass lawas and enforce o and upset one group of people while dealing with another and the consequences.

Perhaps the answer is moderate control, say for instance start with tigher control for automatic weapons

Best Answer

Place a pistol or rifle on the table and it is innocent.... until a person touches them

Best Answer

Well as innocent as you can get for a device designed to kill things I suppose

Best Answer

I think that is what Mike was saying.

Best Answer

You dont say?

Best Answer

Yes because regularly drive cars into schools an mow down children ......

Best Answer

rocks are used to kill people are they not innocent ?

Best Answer

According to the NRA we wouldn't have problems if we just put a gun on every horizontal surface in the country that's out of the reach of toddlers of course. They're hoping for some technological miracle that only allows the purchaser to use the gun. In the meantime they'll keep pushing the issue for all it's worth as long as they can.

Best Answer

We already have tons of them. More laws aren't the answer. This nut broke all kinds of laws. They were not a deterrent to his insane actions. I would hate to not have the ability to react or protect myself from this insanity.

Best Answer

How about a reply to my question dude?

Best Answer

Done, Dude.

Best Answer

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/12/14/china-school-attack-children/1768855/

China has school stabbings instead-and the problem there seems to be...A crappy mental health system!

Hey, the US has a crappy mental health system too! I should know, 'cause I'm using it!

Even if you have insurance, insurance VERY often does not treat mental health issues at anything close to parity.

If you are in need of mental health help here, you have to work and struggle to get it, and a lot of people just jolly well can't get it at all!

So...why are we surprised when people flip the f*** out???

Best Answer

as soon as everyone is sensible we wont need any gun laws.

its already against the law to murder someone. this idiot did it what 26 times. ONE MORE LAW isnt going to STOP it at all

Best Answer

Are you in the Land of the Free (& the home of the brave)? If so: Canada has a similar number of guns per unit population to the US but a much lower gun crime rate. Therefore the issue is not guns per se but something else. I believe gun crime in the US has everything to do with drug prohibition not the number of guns in circulation per se.

Bear in mind that in the UK, which has extensive gun control legislation, a crazy person will commit an atrocity every so often just like in the US.

Best Answer

I doubt it. Mud slinging is far more important apparently

Best Answer

We already do. No fully automatic firearms, no rifles with barrels under 16" (without being registered and approved by the ATF), a background check is required for all handgun(and in some states rifle) purchases, a 72hpur waiting period on handguns, a 24hour waiting period on rifles (in most states), a permit required to carry a handgun in public,

Best Answer

It amazes me that given how many deaths a year the US has due to guns that there are still so many people defending the right to bare arms. Look at how many deaths from firearms there are in other countries compared to the US and you can't help but wonder where it all went wrong, looks like there will be far more children who will be paying for this right and it is such a huge sacrifice. The rest of the world really don't think that children sacrifices are worth it.

Best Answer

If you would bother to do some research you would see that internationally crime goes up when gun controls gets stricter.

Best Answer

I don't understand the point of gun control laws. How many criminals do you know who have issues with breaking laws? The laws are targeted at controlling people who are intending to break the law anyway.

I'm no gun-toting, second admentment fiend, but all I can see gun control legislation doing is making it more difficult for folks like me to defend ourselves.

(I personally prefer non-projectile weapons, the sort of thing that takes skill not to injure yourself while using.)

Best Answer

When I was a kid the nuns told us that locks are for honest people, the criminal wont give a **** about something being locked. Same with " GUN control" instead of GUN CONTROL what we need is IDIOT Control.

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

Already do.

Best Answer

As a non-American looking in, I'd say no. not as long as those crazies who bleat about your Constitution guaranteeing 'right to bear arms' and 'how do we protect ourselves and our families'. I think someone should sit them down and keep them there until they understand

a) no matter how careful you are, legal weapons will find their way into the hands of criminals

b) because of your laws (as I understand them) anything from a simple revolver to a fully automatic rifle and anything else you may wish is easily available both over the counter and on the net. Some of the bloodbaths you have suffered have been caused because of this.

c) criminals carry weapons for two reasons they wish to intimidate and scare their victims into compliance and they also feel the need to have protection simply because Joe Citizen is armed. i.e. If nobody had weapons one of these reasons would be removed.

So how the hell are you ever going to have any sort of gun law which makes sense?

Best Answer

I have owned guns for almost 50 years. Never has one gotten into the hands of a criminal. I have also used a gun to protect myself from a criminal who was breaking into my home. I never pulled the trigger, but it was the end of the break in and the police congratulated me after. There are approximately 2 police officers per 1000 people in the United States. It is not their responsibility to keep us safe. It is our own. They respond to crime after the fact in 95% of cases. Automatic weapons are illegal to own unless you hold a federal firearms license. It would be nice if folks understood what an automatic and a semi automatic weapon are. Guns are not easily attainable and background checks are required for those purchasing handguns. Your c) is just insanity....criminals have guns to protect themselves from Joe Citizen? Back away from the bong.

Best Answer

Well thanks for correcting me as to the laws over there as I said I'm looking in and was unaware of some of the things you say. Please tell me if you are under 50, how come you've owned guns for 'nearly 50 years'?

Best Answer

I am 50. I will be 51 in a few months....I started hunting with a .22 when I was 5 years old with my Grandfather. I suppose, technically, I did not own the gun even though it was considered mine. So....depending on your point of view, I have owned or been in possession of guns since I was 5, which is nearly 46 years....technically not 50, but close.

Best Answer

Sensible to whom? I think they already infringe on our God given rights enumerated under the 2nd amendment to our Constitution.

Best Answer

God did not give you your constitution you idiot. Most of the guys who put together your constitution weren't even christians.

Best Answer

That's what the founders say about it, read your history before spouting off about things you are ignorant on, moron!

Best Answer

Of course you can't because there's fcuck all sensible people in the US when it comes to guns.

Best Answer

You cannot put a whole nation under the proverbial umbrella. You are showing nothing but ignorance.

Best Answer

Well it's not based on ignorance when you have your entire history to look at. You have one of the highest murder rates of any country on the planet. You have just about the highest rate of murder by guns of any country on the planet. You frequently have massacres by people with guns. Many of the guns available to the general public are military grade weapons. Why on earth would everyday citizens of a country require such weapons? There's no possible sensible answer to that. There are any number of countries around the world that America could look to for better ways to manage guns. The fact that so little has changed on the gun front for so long is testament to there being little sensible debate on the issue in the US.

Best Answer