Post
A few of my friends came over and one of then brought along her little cousin. Her cousin found a bug in my house and sprayed it with Windex, I only found out this little detail after my cat ate half the bug. There are no vets open at this hour and I'm really scared.
netgurl netgurl 18-21, F 11 Answers Mar 21, 2009

Your Response

Cancel

If your cat drinks a bowl of Windex: undoubtedly. If it just takes in a small amount off a bug: probably not. Windex is mostly strong alcohol. It might make your cat a bit sick, but such a small dose probably wouldn't be fatal.



If you're really concerned, try calling a vet anyway. Their answering machines will often give you an after-hours emergency number that you can call for advice.

Best Answer

Window-cleaner??

I'm surprised it even killed the bug!

It's not that toxic in small quantities it'd do nothing. It'd be such a tiny amount and if your cat has had a drink and seems well I'd say just forget about it.

Don't worry.

Best Answer

probably, most definitely not because it is too small an amount. Just watch your cat for signs of vomiting continuously, drooling excessively and especially diareah. Cats can get gastritis from ingesting poisons and the like. Gastritis is like severe food poisoning to us and affects the lining in the cats stomach. My cat (while I was away one weekend) was playing with my opened pack of Halls and they ended up in his water dish. He ended up drinking his water anyway. When I came home he was vomiting alot and had severe diareah. I took him to the vet and they treated him for Gastritis. basically gave him a cat version of Pepto Bismol, he was better that evening. Gastrtis DOES need to be treated though, Gastritis can be fatal. Just like severe food poisoning can be fatal to people....dehydration.

Best Answer

I think your cat will be fine, just keep an eye on it and call emergency vets if necessary.



~Also, the Swiffer Wet Jet rumor isn't true. See; http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/swiffer.asp

Best Answer

It could. They just discovered that the Swiffer Wet Jet is killing dogs by causing liver failure. They are not sure if it is from it soaking into their paws when they walk on it, or if it is from them licking the floor, but it is poisoning them somehow! It is always a good idea to ask the vet when you are not sure about certain chemicals!

Best Answer

probably licking a dead windex soaked bug will not hurt a cat. if the cat didn't start coughing and spewing from the ammonia that is in the window cleaner then i'm sure he's fine.

Best Answer

Windex kills insects because interferes with their ability to take in air, and it suffocates them. A solution of dish soap or shampoo would have killed the bug more quickly.



The cat will be ok. If it ate too much of something bad it will puke it up. The amount it ate was pretty small.

Best Answer

no,my cat drinked such stuff and is alive,it will be ok,for cats it's not toxic!

Best Answer

watch it,... if it froths at the mouth wash it out with water.. if it starts to do unual behavour.. find a vet

Best Answer

Maybe it just drowned the bug?

Best Answer

Related Questions