nosafewords nosafewords 22-25 30 Answers Jul 15, 2009

Of course. A lot of Christs apostles wrote books of the Bible in prisons. Church is just a building, not salvation.

Best Answer

Going to church makes you a Christian in the same way that going to McDonalds makes you a Bic Mac. In other words, it doesn't matter. :)

Best Answer

Church is not the building, the church meets in a building. The church is the coming together of believers, whether in a home, school, or public building. The Bible does say not to forsake the gathering of believers. We need each other it is how God designed it to be. You need to find the place of believers who fit you best, I myself perfer small churches where the pastor speaks on the Bible and actually uses the Bible to do that. You can be a follower of Christ without a church but it is there to help make your walk with Christ better.

Best Answer

“A time would come, and lo the time is now, when a man would neither have to go up to the mountain nor the temple to worship…cause the kingdom of God is within you”<br />
The above statement is attributed to Jesus, (somewhere in the bible), and since Jesus is the author and finisher of the Christian faith I believe that statement sums the whole truth up quite simply.<br />
First things first, in this new covenant, our bodies are the temple of the living God. No building wrought by man can ever take that place. The organisations that today usurp the name “church” are only ignorantly misleading the body of Christ and limiting their inherent potentials.<br />
Further more, a congregation of churches is only the physical representation of our unity in the body of Christ, sharing one head Jesus, and one spirit, the Holy Spirit. <br />
It has become evident time and time again that these organisation often than not create an atmosphere which is rather charged with group thought forms , thereby having a form of godliness yet rejecting the power thereof. <br />
The Christian walk is a personal walk with God through Christ and the Spirit alone; other members of the body are secondary adjuncts to this process.<br />
Nevertheless, it is an unction of our dogma as Christians to congregate and fellowship together because esoterically speaking the strength of a group of people gathered together in one mind is stronger than that of an individual alone.<br />
Also, since iron sharpens iron it could be deduced that the human psyche is wired to work hand in hand with other humans to get the fullness of his worth. Hence Christians at some stage definitely need the grooming of a fellowship group. Mind you, “wherever two or three are gathered in my name, I am there in their mist” so this fellowship group does not have to be a large body of churches (people).<br />
Here is the score lad, follow the guidance of your spirit, for the Spirit of God dwells therein. Check the suggested route; does it depict the love of God with your whole being and your neighbour as yourself? If yes, go ahead.

Best Answer

Yes, you can. When I was a kid I used to go every Sunday because my family dragged me. Now that I'm older and I see how pointless organized religion can be, I stopped going except for Christmas and Easter, and sometimes a few other Sundays during the year. <br />
My philosophy is that as long as you're a good person, you help people, you pray on your own, and you do what you can -- there's no reason why you can't be Christian. I still believe in God, Jesus, the Holy Mary, etc. I just don't believe I should spend my time in church if I'm not paying attention and keep on thinking about when it will end.

Best Answer

Of course. Church is not a pre-requisite to believe in god or what not. My wife is Catholic and hasn't gone to church in 6 years.

Best Answer

i feel not to go to church. people always try to hurt me. i find my self watching church channel and get on the the internet watching my favors pastors. and reading the bible and praying in my praying room.

Best Answer

Christian is a belief . Living like a good christian would require you be in a community of other christians, because there is a lot of work to do and you need each other to do your mission. Is it in a well known church ? I don't know why you do not feel comfortable in a building, but for me I found a place where I'm not told how to dress and I'm not critized for every little thing. What we learn at church is from the bible not. My hair should be long or I am sinning against God so I have to wear a hat until it grows back out. Or I am sinning because I came from work in my jeans and didn't change first so I have to stand in the hall way. There are a lot of churches and there is one somewhere out there where you will feel at home. I love knowing I can walk in a get a hug and a smile. And if someone need help and I can do something I do, and if I need something and someone else can help all I have to do is ask. IT is great. good luck

Best Answer

Yes you can be a good Christian without having to go to church which is usually full of hypocrits.

Best Answer

The home of God is in your heart.<br />
It is better to read the Bible and put the divine commands into practice.<br />
Going to church is not a must, but it is a means to get closer in touch with your spiritual family.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Yes you sure can! All you have to do is accept Jesus as you Lord and savior! You can feel free to worship Him wherever you please!

Best Answer

Religion is a state of mind. You can do what ever you want any where you want.

Best Answer

Sure you can, the question is why would you want to. *shudders* ...religion.

Best Answer

Well, What's Christianity then?

Best Answer

absolutely. most churches are too opinionated or greedy or both. just read your bible and do what you feel god is telling you to do.

Best Answer

Biblically, I think it IS important to be in church...like allofus said, there's something about not forsaking the gathering of the believers. That being said, I don't go to church hardly at all; I just got tired of a lot of things about it. <br />
However, my parents are going to a church now that is very small, meets in a school, and is very casual, friendly, and pleasant. I might start going there more. If you could find something like that in your area, you might give it a try. It's interesting and lacks a lot of the hypocrisy and over-organization you might find it a lot of larger churches. It's also a church with no official pastor; several of the men take turns speaking, which prevents one person getting a bit too bigheaded, lol. :)

Best Answer

Of course, you can. A church is a building. Christianity must be in your heart and actions and not on a church pew.

Best Answer

Being a Christian is about believing in God. Organized religion goes according to the different denominations.

Best Answer

I think so, I do not go to church that often. I think as long as you keep god in your heart and live it. You know by praying and doing good and learning as much as you can even though you are not in church.

Best Answer