I think about this alot. Personally, I find it hard to believe that you will be eternally punished if you don't follow exactly what the bible says. I actually, I find the whole concept of religion a little hard to believe & sometimes wonder if I am atheist but then again, I do believe that those that have died come back to thier loved ones through dreams and in other ways. I'm just thinking out loud but I would be interested to hear your thoughts too :)
ASU11 ASU11 18-21 24 Answers Jul 25, 2009

Doesn't sound like you're atheist, you aren't denying the fact that there's a God. I feel the same way you do...questionable: )<br />
Maybe you should read up on other religions, like Paganism and Buddhism. I like to do that. Maybe we're all wrong but can learn things from each other. Maybe it's okay just to be...HOPEFUL! : )

Best Answer

depends on what faith you follow and wether it is main stream or a little more obscure. Christians believe in heaven and hell.

Best Answer

Heaven and hell are human constructs used to frighten the populace into believing; their usage is emotional blackmail. There is this secular existence and a spirit plane of which religious institutionalised thought processes are meaningless and have no part in it. Jettison what you have been indoctrinated into believing; see beyond the brainwashing that we all have been subjected too since birth, and learn from observation.

Best Answer

how can one have good, but no evil? if so, then how does one judge "good" if there is not "bad" to compare it to....i do not believe in heaven or hell, but i believe in good and evil. that answers the question in a different sense

Best Answer

This is not a matter of if you believe in one you must believe in the other. Many religions have a heaven or heaven like ideal but no hell. As far as i remember a few sects of christianity even.

Best Answer

No you cant believe in one and not the other. it would be nice but since none of us are perfect the reality is that there is both. but you dont go to hell because you dont follow exactly what the BIble says.thats a standard that no one can live up to because we were all born sinners and God knows that. the only thing you have to do to go to heaven is repent of your sins to God by asking for forgiveness and then asking Him to be the Saviour of you life. it's actually easier than you think. nobody has to be perfect.

Best Answer

reincarnation and nirvana???? the progress of eternal souls through this plane of existence?<br />
no hell but maybe nirvana represents heaven?

Best Answer

The word Heaven means the Abode of God. God abides in us all. The reference about there can be no darkness without light to me is on the right path.When we choose to liv e in the light it will expose the darkest places in us. I believe if we allow God to expose our darkness it will be Hell for us until the darkest of least of sin is burned out of us. Hell is our journey toward living free and when we realize what it is that prevents us from moving foward then we can see our path a little clearer. We all have sin in us. God wants to reveal himself in us but the impurities must be burned away. Man seems to create our own Hell as well. We complicate everything. I do nort believe that there is an eternal place where I have a litteral mansion waiting for me. I believe our death is our entrance into a new life in the presence (heaven) of God. Hell is just the process we go through to get there.

Best Answer

If you believe in one you already believe in the other. There is a opposite to everything. Dark/light, cold/hot, or birth/death. It's not doing everything in the bible exactly and it is not a "religion" either. Religion is a man-made term and just a way for man to try and reach God through his own understanding so that'll never work. Now in the "old" testament, yes man had to do things to find favor with God. Sacrafice animals (sacraficial lamb) by burning amongst other things. Now the "new" testament was that Jesus came and died for our sins so he was the sacraficial lamb and took the place for all of our sins whether you wanted him to or not, he did it. Even though you and I do not deserve it. <br />
The stories of people coming back is not true at all, but are demonic appearances of demons posing as past loved ones. They are always around listening to everything that is going on so they know your past loved ones lives, your life, and all the events that have taken place. So it can seem your talking to a past loved one from the grave but since the demon(s) know of all these events that you and they knew together, they will remind you of these things making you think it is them giving the impression you can come back from the dead. The bible addresses this as well. When you die, you go into a deep sleep. You don't even know your dead, you don't even dream as well. <br />
All Jesus wants to do is sit down, talk, and have dinner with us just the way we are. He's not trying to change you, just wants to get to know you. Is that really too much to ask for? After all he did get stoned, spit on, kicked, punched, stabbed, screamed at, and finally hung from a cross til he died for us?

Best Answer

You can believe in anything you want. Just make sure you don't get so comfortable in your beliefs that you stop asking questions and seeking knowledge. That is the only way to learn.

Best Answer

Wether it heaven or hell we can live it now on earth. Though some may not have a choice country at war or poverty. I plan to make my experience as good as possible on earth. What happen when I die I can not tell.

Best Answer

I believe there are "levels" in Heaven and no hell just an outer darkness where you are not invited to the party....but can still hear all the fun everyone is having

Best Answer

I believe in heaven and hell because I believe in god and Satan. But you can believe in whatever you want to believe in.

Best Answer

sure...any1 can believe in anything... :)

Best Answer

This question of "Can you believe in heaven but no hell" is a Biiiiiig Question. It involved some very fundamental concepts about the kind of existance we find ourselves in.<br />
For instance, we live in a world of linear time and of basic Duality. So of course, we think in those terms of Opposites being a necessary part of existance. Likewise, for us time is a sequence of events; but outside of time, everything is Present and Simultaneous. We simply cannot imagine, with our experience of this world, what it would really be like to not have Duality and Linear Time as our experience.<br />
I think we are going to have to wait until we can get free of the confines of the third-dimensional physical body, before we can really understand why it might be possible to have a "world" or sphere of existance that doesn't automatically have to have a heaven AND a hell. <br />
I could also say that "Heaven and Hell depend upon YOU - upon the attitude you take to Existance".

Best Answer

i don't believe in heaven as well as in hell

Best Answer

Yes - I only believe in HEAVEN :)

Best Answer

Hell is the total absence of Heaven.

Best Answer

I'd like to.

Best Answer

Yes I beleive in Heaven but not Hell

Best Answer