QTB2 QTB2 18-21, F 5 Answers Jan 22, 2013 in Hobbies

Mine did for the 2 years after college. No debt now.

Best Answer

Yes... As a college student paying out of state tuition I don't find that hard to believe at all :-p

Best Answer

Been there, done that...now I'm in it with my daughter.

Best Answer

Yes I can, education is one of the biggest credit traps today. Universities and colleges that require freshmen to live in their dorms, buy their meal tickets and take classes which have nothing to do with their degrees for student "enrichment", not to mention various fees which have been added on for them to pay have caused a great burden of debt on students. There is no guarantee of a good-paying job associated with the degree once the students graduate and they spend time searching for one and the interest starts piling up. I talked to a young woman with a degree in education who sent out over 200 applications for jobs only to land a position at Walmart making minimum wage, and this was a year after graduation...

Best Answer

Wow thats sad and depressing... Im in college nowmin my second semester and took classes in my fall that didnt count towards my gpa or whatever and I may have to stay another year after im done... it really sucks

Best Answer

I hope you have a good major. I worked at a university for 25 years. After a few years the university started taking a percentage of the scholarships and grants that were being given to students and calling it a "fee"...that was something that irked me to high heaven. If a student gets a scholarship, the university shouldn't take a cut of it.

Best Answer

That's odd I thought scholarships and grants are suppose to be free money???

Best Answer

They should be, and they should be left alone and given 100% to the student who they were granted to. The university was very "creative" in finding money for various uses and at many levels.

Best Answer

Mine certainly does - £5000 and rising - 17.5% A.P.R. as well, I wish I'd never bothered.

Best Answer