yes! he did a wonderful job

Best Answer

I definitely can.

Best Answer

With the exception that he daily attacks this Congress, and attempts to act unilaterally without Constitutional authority, and has implemented Executive plans to spend $1.3 Trillion more each year than the US gov't takes in in taxes and excise without a Congressional budget for over 1000 days...<br />
... Then yes, he has risen above. Not sure what he's risen above: common sense, morality, duty, an obligation to all of the citizens in the United States. Of course, there hasn't been an elected official in the past 20 years who has lived up to this either.

Best Answer

Well, he's been in office for 3 years now, so it's about time that he stops blaming past administrations. His first 2 years he had a Democrat Congress and still couldn't "make progress". Perhaps he might ACTUALLY work bi-partisan-ly (sorry for the word) in future.

Best Answer

I need to get something clear once and for all about this blame thing that so many people have hung their hat on when it comes to this President. What many see as blame, I see as making an attempt at stating the facts and putting things I the right perspective. And I don’t care what anyone says, I think this idea Obama is blaming others is just a way for many people who supported the people who got us into this mess in the first place, to avoid the reality of the situation. Face it, the more talk of how negligent people in the Bush years were also opens up a window into how those policies he supported failed us. It’s a nice trick to say he’s just blaming because it’s one sure way to not give him credit for what he has accomplished. And what he has accomplished is a hell of a lot if you put things in the perspective of how far in a hole we had to climb out of. That is what he’s trying to get across to people.
And as far as him doing not making progress in the first two years, I would like to see who could give and accurate assessment of just how long it should take to turn around an economy that just about ended up in a depression. There’s a good chance we may not see real results of some of the best efforts made for a decade or so. I see this question of “why haven’t things gotten better yet?” as nothing but winning from people that have gotten so accustomed to too many things being taken care of at the click of a mouse. And imagine that, it seems to be mostly the same people who see putting things in the proper perspective as blaming.
I used to get this all the time when I worked on construction building stuff. I wish I had a tape of people telling me how long they thought something was going to take that I was working on. It was all over the map, and almost always was about 80% ahead of what was physically possible. What I believe the truth is we people in this country are the most clueless of anywhere in the world about how long something should take. Human greed and stupidity takes a lot longer to change than any of the things we are used to having in sixty seconds or less as Americans.
Obama has tried to work with this congress and they keep saying he is the one who won’t work with them. If that is true, then how can you explain that in almost every bill in the past three years was required to have sixty plus votes or it wasn’t even up for consideration, more times than any other time in history? Or the filibuster, only to be used in emergency situations to block a vote, was used by this congress an unprecedented amount of times, and more than the past five administrations combined. So how much should he have gotten done did you say?

Best Answer

How about the decisions he DID make (in a great big hurry)...the all famous stimulus, and ObamaCare. Did that better us fiscally? Things should take time and be considered carefully. That goes for both sides. There are plenty of sound bites that do not make for complete thoughts...that's what they're about. based on what he HAS "gotten done", I'll take the path of "just because you CAN do it, doesn't mean you SHOULD".

Best Answer

I am going to assume that this is directed at 2Lead as no one would call me a Democrat. Well said Twyla

Best Answer