iDyAlx iDyAlx 41-45, F 5 Answers Feb 26 in Dating & Relationships

Yes, I do it all the time with my siblings, friends and fiance. A lot of times its arguments about religion or best child rearing practices. We can have these arguements without them becoming fights because we challenge each others beliefs, and test each others knowledge on topics without trying to force each other to believe what we each believe, but rather defend our positions while trying to stump the other person. :) It's fun when you can argue and not fight, and watch your friends talk themselves in circles in such a way that they prove the point you just made in their justification for their point. :) It's quite amusing. More people should do this. :D

Best Answer

I love it!! Debating is one of my favorite things to do... I'm happy to read your peace of mind. I agree with you solely! Now let's argue.. Lol (just kidding)

Best Answer

think there's a difference in arguing and debating. I love a serious debate, but a argument? I think they are for the egotistical. Just my opinion.

Best Answer

I agree. I was being coy, yet I love a good debate; or as this one comment posted below: rhetorics is the word I'm looking for.

Best Answer

yeah it is called Rhetorics

Best Answer

Ahah!! You are exactly right. I like this approach better. Thanks:)

Best Answer

No. Having a respectful exchange of ideas avoids the fight. The argument has an expectation of forcing a change on others which may be short lived and tend to breed resentment by all involved.

Best Answer

by fight do you mean physical? none of my fights go that far, but i had a big argument with my dad yesterday. I hate arguing with people who 1) don't let you finish what you want to say and 2) are very fuc*ing ignorant and hypocritical.

Best Answer

Yes. Ignorance is a downer. Choose your fights wisely...

Best Answer