everton13 everton13 46-50, F 19 Answers Mar 24, 2010

No. If you can hold it long enough, you will eventually pass out and start breathing again automatically.

Best Answer

Only if you tie something tightly around your neck that you can't get undone. Without the tie, as soon as you gasped or passed out, normal breathing would ensue.

Best Answer

I don't think so.

I think you pretty much pass out and then you automatically start breathing again.

Best Answer

@ sonianbrad If you died and someone was giving you CPR for 5+ minutes, yes you could have been brought back, but after being dead for 4+ minutes if you came back you would have perminate brian damage.

Best Answer

Contrary to popular opinion you CAN kill yourself by holding your breath, if you hyperventilate too long beforehand!! DANGER! This happened to me! vI died at the age of 18 by hyperventilating, then holding my breath until I went unconscious. YOU WILL NOT START BREATHING AGAIN!!! When you hyperventilate enough, you blow off all of your CO2 and hyper oxygenate your blood. Carbon Dioxide is what tells your brain to breath. When you go unconscious after hyperventilating, you brain has no CO2, so the reflex to breathe doesn't kick in. I only survived because two people gave me CPR for 5+ minutes before I came back. THEY ALMOST GAVE UP! They had to perform CPR long enough to get a significant amount of CO2 to my brain so the reflex to breath would take over, and enough Oxygen to get my brain ALIVE again. Please be careful with this!!!

Best Answer

No, even if you went long enough to pass out you'd start breathing then.

Best Answer

Best Answer

No, but you can kill someone else by holding their breath.

Best Answer

No you cannot. You have to be unable to get air. You have to suffocate from something.

Best Answer

impossible! Try it

Best Answer

Yes you can!

Take a SCUBA Tank and swim down to a depth of at least 33 feet, preferably 66 feet. Take a deep breath of air. Hold your breath and rapidly fill your Buoyancy Vest causing you to shoot rapidly to the surface.

Air expands rapidly as you rise through the water column causing an air emboli to enter your blood stream, killing you painfully and also probably resulting in drowning if you do not die instantly.

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

Only if somebody has their hands around your throat pressing tightly to prevent you from breathing. Otherwise, you just pass out and start breathing again.

Best Answer

If I was an Evertonian I would.

Ble Maer Wayne Rooney. ?

Best Answer

yes I am pretty sure without air we would die :) I bet you can't do it! cos you'd wanna gasp for air.

Best Answer

Little kidlets try to all the time. They don't succeed.

Best Answer

No, your brain with force you to breathe. You can notice when u hold your breath and are forced to breathe if you wait long enough

Best Answer

yes you can

Best Answer