While I was in hospital, I didn't eat a single thing for a week but then when I started eating again, I was in that much crippling pain and was so sick, I'm too scared to eat again. When I'm faced with solid food, I start getting really nervous and just push it away so I've just been living off a tin of soup everyday for a couple of weeks. I've got the energy and I feel fine but was just wondering if it's ok? I don't know how I'm going to start eating solids again, I'm just too scared.
BeautyOfSuffering BeautyOfSuffering 22-25, F 11 Answers Nov 13, 2012 in Phobias

You can live on nothing but water for months so I see no reason why you can't live off healthy soup. Your body doesn't have to have solids. You can live off soup for the rest of your life if you have a lot of nutrients and proteins in them.

Best Answer

Thank you, this is definitely the best answer :)

Best Answer

Go to the chunky soups to transition to more substantial food.

Best Answer

I did for a couple of years happily.

Best Answer

That's good then :)

Best Answer

Yeah, but if you're planning to do this it'd be healthier (and MUCH cheaper) to make it yourself rather than eating out of cans. Just boil up whatever meat, veggies etc you want in some vegetable stock, and (optionally) blend it to the consistency you want. Makes it easier to transition to chunkier food, too, as you can just give it less time in the blender (plus you won't be able to resist nibbling things as you're cooking).

Best Answer

no need crackers too<br />
but you need more then soup to live you need about 1200 cals aday

Best Answer

I never ate that much a day when I was eating solids lol so having soup won't make much a difference

Best Answer

Yes no problem just make your own soup. I have a very small buget for food under 5 pounds a week and I eat veg soup homemade every day and I am healthy and have the energy to dance and perform. Usually I make a carrot soup cut careots small slices boil add a little curry powder and a spoon of coconut milk powder(very cheap at b m bargain) if I can I ll add all other veg as well but this depends on money and then just boil blend and it tastes lovely little spicy and keeps me going ;) hope this helps

Best Answer