I use a blend of pork and veal mince and begin by browning it in olive oil. Then I add tomato savoury with vegetables in it such as onion, carrot, beans, celery, garlic and zucchini, and finally some rich tomato paste, adding water to make it the right consistency. Finally beef stock and about 2 teaspoons of sugar. Last of all dried herbs - oregano, sweet marjoram, a bay leaf and a little thyme.

Best Answer

Aw yum.

Best Answer

I make my own from scratch. I use turkey mince meat, because beef mine knocks me sick. I add mushrooms, garlic, onions, courgettes and tomatoes. For a rich sauce, I add tomato passata, basil, oregano and a little thyme. If it needs a little more seasoning, some sea salt and black pepper.

Best Answer

Ooh that sounds interesting. I'd never have thought of turkey mince.

Best Answer

lots of meat

Best Answer

Yumm :o)

Best Answer

Pork and beef short ribs

Best Answer

I use beef and bacon

Best Answer

I watched (and tried to copy) Heston Blumenthal's perfect spaghetti bol. It has two different kinds of meat and a little bit of star anise, vinegar and everything has to be done in a specific order. It's so lovelty :o)

Best Answer

Vinegar? Okay, I suppose, I use a little worstershire sauce.

Best Answer

Intriguing ! I may just try that. My sister's ex used a can of tomato soup instead of passatta/tomato paste. It was yummy and his only redeeming quality :o)

Best Answer

My mum does too. I didn't mind it but still prefer the tin of paste and tin of tomatoes. There's always left overs for hubby to take for lunch. He got asked by a couple of Italian blokes if he's married to an Italian, so it must have been alright.

Best Answer

I'm definitely trying the worcestershire sauce now :o)

Best Answer

Haha Yes I picked it up off a friend when we were there for tea and haven't gone back. Its just a bit of a slash. Really it is, too much and its gone, lol. I put a little brown sugar in too but not really needed. I put grated carrot and celery in too.

Best Answer

Sounds a lot like my recipe :o)

Best Answer