I was like you. I was never allowed to cry when I was little. If my cousins or I ever cried or didn't stop crying after the one warning we got we would get slapped or spankings until we stopped crying. I've learned to internalize things because of that so now I never really cry even when dealing with awful things like death and extreme sadness I never really cry out or sob just sit in silence and internalize so I feel nothing instead.

Best Answer

It's useful sometimes, for example i think it's why i am such a calm person. :-) Do you mind it? Do you blame anyone for this?

Best Answer

In a way I don't like it because it takes away from me overall. People seem to think that I don't care because I don't mourn and I don't get on emotional levels with people. I am a little sad for that but I do appreciate it in some ways so I'm not a crybaby about everything now. Instead it's more like a switch.

Best Answer

Well it is the other way around. I used to be patient, determined, a go getter. Well I am now on EP so I suppose it lessened a bit. LOL As for crying, I think it is alright to cry, especially when it is really, really painful.

Best Answer