I ask this question because a troll asked an inflammatory question a couple of days ago....Was Brown vs Board of Education bad for African-Americans? By African-American leader, I mean either a civil rights leader, or other leaders in the black community such as politicians, comedians, actors etc.
goodogstay goodogstay 46-50, M 4 Answers Jun 11, 2013 in Politics

No.

Best Answer

bill cosby?

Best Answer

When did Bill Cosby say that Brown vs Board of Education was bad for blacks?

Best Answer

he always has an opinion on everything African American related

Best Answer

I've been a fan of his since I was a kid...He's a very smart guy, and has a PhD....I'm sure he, along with most blacks, supports the Brown vs Board of Education decision.

Best Answer

i agree with the fact that he is a smart guy...i have been watching him on tv and listening to his records since 64...but what a comedian says and agrees with usually gets lost in the mix...especially when it comes to race, religion and politics...my original answer was being snarky, because like i said...he has always got something to say about everything...alot of other male African American male comedians have complained about it..."Bill always has to say something about EVERYTHING!" it just stuck in my head...

Best Answer

" a lot of other male African-American male comedians have complained about it"?....Can you name even one African-American male comedian who has complained about the "Brown vs Board of Education" Supreme Court decision?

Best Answer

That is not what i said! They have said on many occasions that "Bill always has to say something about EVERYTHING!" Which i said in the comment already that you are answering to...I just heard a comedian make that kind of a joke about him TONIGHT..

Best Answer

So you haven't heard any black comedian express the opinion that Brown vs Board of Education "was bad for blacks"..right?

Best Answer

not to my recollection...but the subject is quite antiquated and being part black myself, my back rises up and i have to answer the question even if it is being snarky...and i am certain that Bill has discussed this openly as he does anything that is political and pertaining to African Americans. i just don't remember what his views were.

Best Answer

Clarence Thomas.

Best Answer

Clarence "Uncle" Thomas is not now, nor has he ever been a black leader.

Best Answer

Amen!

Best Answer

While you may not like the fact that he is leading the nation as the top African American judiciary, that does not make it any less of a fact. He may not be a Civil Rights leader, and perhaps that's what you mean.

Best Answer

Actually, I'm not sure that Clarence Thomas thinks that Brown vs Board of Education was bad for blacks...If you have any proof that he does, I'd like to see it.

Best Answer

how can this person give proof on such a thing...Anyone in the political arena says one thing and means another and feels a whole other different way about every issue

Best Answer

and ya know, i was being facetious about the whole Bill Cosby thing...as an answer to your question...because i couldn't imagine anyone ever thinking it was a bad thing unless you are a prejudiced num nuts...i think i was annoyed by the question..it was like asking, "Can you name one African American who thought slavery wasn't a bad thing?"

Best Answer

Google it.

Best Answer

http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21NVMartinThomas605.html There's your proof. It's about 5 paragraphs in.

Best Answer

The reason I asked this question was as a response to a troll asking the racist, inflammatory question.."Was Brown vs Board of Education bad for blacks?" (Which is up at the top of this question)

Best Answer

I think Clarence "Uncle" Thomas is a liar, and a pervert, as evidenced by Dr. Anita Hill's testimony at his Senate confirmation hearings..."He spoke about acts he had seen in pornographic films involving such matters as women having sex with animals and films showing group sex or rape scenes...On several occasions, Thomas told me graphically about his own sexual prowess."..www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Thomas_Supreme_Court_nomination.........Hill also testified, under oath, that [one time] "Thomas was drinking a Coke in his office, he got up from the table at which we were working, went over to his desk to get the Coke, looked at the can and said "Who has put pubic hair on my Coke?"......."Two women, Angela Wright and Rose Jourdain, made statements to Senate staffers in support of Anita Hill...Ultimately, however, Wright and Jourdain were dismissed by the Judiciary Committee without testifying" (Lacayo, Richard 2001-06-24 "The Unheard Witnesses" Time magazine [Retrieved 2006-09-18]

Best Answer

The National Center for Public Policy Research is a right-wing, ultra-conservative think tank. "In the 1980s, The National Center helped change public opinion through vocal national campaigns aimed at supporting Reagan administration initiatives.."....www.nationalcenter.org/NCPPRHist.html

Best Answer

I agree with you in many aspects, however my answer stands, and is true and correct. I do see that you have since changed the details of your question to nullify my answer. Give me some credit for answering your question: immediately, correctly, and having provided support, at your request to validate my answer. I am NOT making a political statement, I merely responded to your question.

Best Answer

I did NOT change to details of my question to "nullify"your answer.....The wording of my question was ambiguous as to what "a black leader" means; so I elaborated on it. Your answer is a valid one; and I can see now how some might consider Clarence Thomas a "black leader"

Best Answer