no you cannot overdose on melatonin. melationin is a natural supplement, chances of overdose are Extremely minimal. There has been clinical trials of melatonin where patients take 6,000 mg and they experience drowsiness and an upset stomach. THere has only been 1 reported case of overdose of melatonin and that was an elderly man who took 24 mg the night before a surgery, and he felt "confused". But then again that could be from dehydration or sleeplessness. so to answer your question no. you can't. i myself take 30 mg a night.

Best Answer

i'm sure you can. you can overdose on water and pure oxygen is toxic and stuff like that. so why not haha?

Best Answer

No offense but you seem like an attention seeker posting this online. If you want sleep take the right dose. If you want to kill yourself so see the doctor (preferrably a shrink) or go get something better than Melatonin....Jeeze. OMG I had a bad day! Suck it up and stop whining, or go talk to a professional.

Best Answer

Excuse me, but u don't know if this person is severely ill & with anything they could explode & hurt someone or themselves.

Best Answer

Excuse me?! Are you actually kidding me? People who want to kill themselves aren't looking for attention, they need a way out. Don't you EVER tell someone to suck it up until you know their story and what their reasons are. A**holes like you are what make this a god-damn filthy world. Thanks very much.

Best Answer

That is extremely insensitive and rude. You wouldn't tell a person with a broken leg to suck it up would you? No? Then don't tell a person with a mental illness to suck it up too. And next time you think about saying something ignorant and bigoted, you can gladly suck my ****.

Best Answer

Er... You can't kill yourself with melatonin... It's used as a sleep aid and it's a hormone produced naturally by your body. If he/she wanted to kill themselves, then they'd probably take lots of acetaminophen, that would be easily accessible as pretty much everybody has some and it can definitely kill you. Learn some facts, will you?

Best Answer

Instead of taking some kind of bandaid medication whether over the counter or pharmaceutical it would be a good thing if you talked to someone in the medical field. If you are often experiencing bouts of depression, lack of energy, self harm thoughts finding a support system is even more crucial. Please make the effort to do so you won't be sorry.

Best Answer

you just want to go to sleep and for get about everything, I know that feeling, I so hope you find peace without doing something you'll regret later...**sigh**

Best Answer

Technically, yes, you can overdose on any medications. Overdosing means exactly that you take more than the referred dosage. The question is if it is harmful to overdose, which is a no. Although studies show that if you take more than 30 mg of melatonin per night it can cause a build up in your system, but it won't have any harmful effects necessarily, and after 30 mg it won't do anything more so its just a waste of the medication.

Best Answer

I take about 50 mg a day to help me sleep from working third shift and I'm completely fine.

Best Answer

you can build up a tolerance to benedryl too, cuz i know someone who takes like ten benedryl at night to help her fall asleep! i never take it and it takes one benedryl to knock me out.

Best Answer

I just took 10 mg and feel real l funny. My skin has pins and needles, I am lightheaded looks pale and then flushed and feel lots of anxiety. I gues I am scared... But it's nice to know you can't overdose. <br />
Thanks for listening

Best Answer

it shouldn't do that, unless you're mixing it with other chems. it should just make you a little dizzy and tired. you can 20x that dose and be nothing but sleepy.

Best Answer

Do it. The world does not need you and your stupidity. You'll be doing everyone a favor. Haha. Melatonin. Really?

Best Answer

You are a ridiculous human being. If this person actually killed themselves, you could be partly responsible.. This is not okay. How do you think it's okay for you to tell someone else to do this? You're very ignorant.

Best Answer

Sort yourself out child, those on here asking about suicide are quite obviously crying out for help

Best Answer

I disagree. I've discussed Suicide with many people, and have done so for over a decade now. It isn't a cry for help to me, simply a fact of life by this point. I see it as a basic human right.

I should be allowed to kill myself if I choose, and even have it planned out. I don't refrain from doing it because I'm afraid, or because I'm strong. I simply do it because life is an adventure. Buddha said suffering is a part of life, and I agree, and what journey does not have its ups and downs?

However, much like the Author of any story, if I decide I don't like where it's going I can change it, and if I feel this is a good point to stop I can end it.

Now, I've been coping with Major Depression for some time now. I'm not going to say that sorrow has never driven me to the brink, because it has, and the only reason I stop is because of the way I look at things. My Philosophy, if you will. I ask myself if I'm done with my Story, or if I want to change anything.

I keep going not because I am strong, but because I'm too curious about where things are going, and whether things will change.

Best Answer

That's so mean. You should never tell anyone that. It's insensitive and cruel. Did you know you could get charged with murder if this person actully did kill themself. **** off you ****.

Best Answer

Your an awful excuse for a human being. Stfu!! U dont know what people go through i just lost my dad and 14 other people these year. Im not looking to kill myself but that isnt the issue. The issue is u. So why dont u go kill yourself huh what do u bring to the world. Your nothing but a pathetic excuse for the world ...... now how does that feel dumbass. What if i wouldve killed myself after reading that. Think before u say stuff. Im really mad about people like u and your stupidity.

Best Answer

Wow, you need some empathy. Have you ever even lost a friend to suicide? Probably not, 'cause you wouldn't have told them to do that and you would know that it's a ******* pain in the ***.

Best Answer

I took 20 I'm fine

Best Answer

Hi! I just swallowed an estimated 15, 5mg Melatonins. Should I be worried about getting my stomach pumped ala OD?

Best Answer

That wouldn't be nearly enough to overdose with. It'd probably knock your *** out for a couple days though. You'll feel better after you get some sleep.

Best Answer

Nope , your waisting your time with this thought since whatever your body doesn't use is past on as waist in the bowel and bladder as it's a natural hormone produced by the brain anyway just to maintain enough sleep .

Best Answer

Natural for most people, I have severe chemical imbalances. I'm pretty sure my body doesn't naturally produce the right level of anything

Best Answer

Melatonin is the only one that remains constant and this comes from army medical training and that which live with myself for the past 61 years from birth .

Best Answer

Yeah, but it's not fatal. <br />
Potential side effects may include *queue picture of happy family playing in the sunlight*<br />
Lethargy<br />
Problems in the liver<br />
Problems in the eye<br />
Seizures<br />
Weakness<br />
Disorientation<br />
Psychotic thinking and/or Psychotic behaviors<br />
Confusion<br />
Drowsiness<br />
Speech problems<br />
Dizziness<br />
Headaches<br />
Shakiness or Tremors<br />
Please consult a priest before use.

Best Answer

Well I already have about half of those symptoms so f*** it

Best Answer

Eep. Well uh, I hope you can get some sleep!

Best Answer

don't know where you got your info from but the only extreme side effects from melatonin in high doses are, Changes in Sleep, Hormonal Changes, Mood Changes, Cholesterol and Blood Pressure imbalance, Disorientation and Seizures, Increased Risk of Autoimmune Disorders.

Best Answer

Depending on the dosage....I'm not a doctor, but I'd say look that **** up.

Best Answer

Now why would you want to do that?

Best Answer

Cause today sucks and I'm done with it.

Best Answer

That is unwise, what would you gain from doing it?

Best Answer

12 won't kill you it will just make you really tired as I have been prescribed 24mg which is 12 x 2mg tablets and they only just make me drowsy

Best Answer

twelve doesn't work, I've tried.

Best Answer

Can make you hallucinate, and can cause seizures if you have a history of, or are prone to them.

Best Answer