Weird question, I know but, honest to God, I have someone disputing the existence of nothing because it can't be measured, studied, observed nor can conclusions be drawn from it. He thinks it's as illusory as unicorns, tooth fairies and rational atheists. Weird, I know! :)
maxximiliann maxximiliann 36-40, M 6 Answers Oct 31, 2012 in Religion

everything is visible in a medium..

Best Answer

There is no such thing as 'nothing' because the energy that accounts for 'everything' occupies that space or concept...

Best Answer

Making such a issue out of nothing causes nothing to exist...

Best Answer

Nothing does not exist....see,there's your proof!!!What's the prize?

Best Answer

A lifetime supply of catnip! Congratulations! lol :)

Best Answer

YES!!!!!!

Best Answer

LOL!! :D

Best Answer

shifting the burden of proof I see. how typical of a theist! non existence has not been proven, it is itself a contradiction. why don't you make your case for the existence of non existence?

Best Answer

Nothing doesn't exist because if it did exist it would be something, not nothing. Likewise, infinity doesn't exist either. It too is just a concept like nothing.

Best Answer

Btw, what does any of this have to do with the fact that you can't refute the simple, straight-forward cosmological argument for the existence of God I've presented but you refuse to accept that God does exist? You're not just being militant, are you? :)

Best Answer

have to agree with maxx' argument here..

Best Answer

Thanks Pursuit! Finally, a rational mind! lol :)

Best Answer

if you can not demonstrate the properties of a state of non existence, you can not conclude such a state exists, and any conclusions drawn from that unproven state can not be presented as truth.

Best Answer

The very absence of those properties is what makes non existence a valid concept. In essence, you're refuting yourself :)

Best Answer

absence of any proof makes it true?

Best Answer

Nice strawman. I said "The very absence of those ***properties*** is what makes non existence a valid concept." Pay attention! lol :)

Best Answer

no, what I asked was entirely accurate. what's the difference between absence of choice 1 or absence of choice 2? you can't really say, both are absent! evidence and properties of nothing are BOTH not proven.

Best Answer