VeritableVagabond VeritableVagabond 18-21, M 19 Answers Nov 29, 2012 in Health

A positive attitude has been shown to help. People who give up end up dying. Should add medication is needed as well, but you have to be pro active about beating your disease.

Best Answer

Thanks you voters.

Best Answer

I can't say anything about cancer, but depression can definitely be fought with exercise. I have actually been reading quite a few studies about it recently and it appears aerobic exercise lowers depression, but resistance training does little or nothing to lower depression. I can also attest to this as I have been hospitalized numerous times for depression, they have jacked me up on just about every type of antidepressant and they didn't work for long. The only thing that worked for me was hard, intense, regular exercise. And aerobic exercise definitely helps the best. I have not been depressed for about three years now.

Best Answer

Disease is a function of the physical world and your choices to manipulate it will intersect with the choices of everything else to determine which instance you move through. If you leave cancer in your body it is more likely to kill you than if you bother to take it out. If you stay in a relationship that causes you depression, it is more likely to run down your life than if you move away from the situation and change it. Medicine is a tool you can choose to use and you can make good and bad choices with how you use it.

Best Answer

You can be stubborn against it

Best Answer

It would depend on the person and what they feel they can do.

Best Answer

A positive attitude and a strong will certainly help, though medication can be a big help sometimes, not always though.

Best Answer

I'd want to think so. However, I'm pretty sure it'll get you in the end. A body can only take so much. A positive attitude will help to prolong or may even 'cure' some things. Yet, something else will creep up eventually. I'm a very optimistic person. I'm only expressing my opinion by experience. And sometimes experiences can be extremely pessimistic.

Best Answer

Cancer needs treatment. Depression may resolve itself if the cause is situational - not chemical.

Best Answer

you can fight illness with medicine, positive attitude and support, support being the one usually in shortage

Best Answer

You can't fight either, and that's an unhelpful position to take. Let the the doctors do that for you. (someone who has been through both and lives)

Best Answer

A person's predisposition can surely make a difference, even when meds are needed.

Best Answer

You can fight anything.<br />
Medicine has come a long way.

Best Answer

medicine can't heal a serious illness unless you fight too. you need both

Best Answer

For something such as cancer, that's a hard question to answer.<br />
It could be all in the mind. It could be all in the medicine. It could be a mix of both. It could be chance. I don't know, I haven't recently read into new ideas about it, and I guess until it is physically proven I won't accept it as a rule for everybody to live by.<br />
As for depression, and other mental illnesses such as anxiety.. I think that out of an intense and everlasting will to move forward and leave behind fear and sadness and guilt and emotions that can deepen, feed or set off depression and anxiety- it is possible.<br />
I've known many people that have felt intense anxiety and suffered damaging panic attacks and reality-altering bouts of depression- and many of the times, training their minds to work calmly and taking in their current situations as truer than their previous or future ones (accepting the present and releasing the past and the future from affecting their thoughts 24/7) did in every case, diminish the anxiety and depression completely.<br />
And, this is important, continuing this mental training, the practice of living as they want to- mentally and physically- all of the time. In a world like the one we live in, with so much focus on negativity, strangers, a guilty history, a questionable future, the massive, massive, massive presence of money and company-consumerism... We need to be in charge of ourselves. We can't let a mad world tell us what to think and feel and do. And being in between- not trusting yourself and not trusting anyone else- it's torturous. Sometimes something as simple as changing your location can help depression and anxiety. Learning that you can look after yourself, that your priorities match your morals and values and beliefs, etc. Sooo good for you. Sorry for ramble, to anyone that actually took the time to read this. :)

Best Answer