I'm looking for something fantasy based, that may or may not carry elements of science fiction. I am hoping to find something unusual, something that isn't afraid to break the genre boundaries and is brilliant for it. Something like Glen Cook' "Black Company" series. But please, let it be something that has a character driven plot.
themanoflegends themanoflegends 22-25, M 10 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Books

'Ubik' by Philip ****. My boyfriend said it was the best science fiction book he has ever read. And he's not easily impressed.. :)

Best Answer

Dean Koontz is a good read. I've read almost all of his books and a good one to start off with is, Lightning.

Best Answer

The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers

Best Answer

My girlfriend has just had a book published on feminist theory.....<br />
I must say it is very good work for a girl...................

Best Answer

The Name of Wind by Rothfuss

Best Answer

Oh yeah, I've been looking to get this one. I actually had the chance to buy it's sequel, but I wanted this one first. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Best Answer

Origins of Species<br />
Deception Point<br />
The Bible/theQuaran<br />
Davinci Codes<br />
Dracula<br />
Charlie and the Chocolate factory

Best Answer

Seriously, Dan Brown? At least I could stomach the other ones.

Best Answer

Whats wrong with Dan Brown. They are good books. They are all fiction, the stories are not real...

Best Answer

I know that. It's his writing style that I don't like. It fails to captivate me.

Best Answer

Well ok. I personally really loved the writing style, but everyone has their own taste.

Best Answer

haruki murakami should be a good read. go for "kafka on the shore".

Best Answer

You'll love Orson Scott Card's collection of short stories.... "Maps in a Mirror."

Best Answer