My dad took a few of us kids to upper Michigan in a boat and I caught my first Perch! :-)

Best Answer

Sounds like the lake fishing in your country is just fantastic. Congratulations on your catch!

Best Answer

TY perseverer! Being a kid was fun, especially when yer w/yer Dad!

Best Answer

the first catch i caught was with my hands. my mom and my brother and sister and i were all walking on "the flats" which was what they called the enlarged beach area when the tide went out. we were on fundy bay which has the largest tides in the world and we walked a long way to reach the waters edge. there were. large tide pools and a number of fish trapped there until the tide came back in. we didnt notice them until we walked into the pools and felt them brushing our feet . the were skate fish which are the colour of sand and look like mini sting rays. mom told us try and catch them but they were slipppery and i caught one but just for a second.

Best Answer

I love the visual imagery of this account. It brings back memories of Kai Iwi Beach in New Zealand where the tide used to go out and leave little fish trapped in pools in the sand. The kids thought it was just wonderful!

Best Answer

:}

Best Answer

hahaha! i went fishing with my dad once when i was a little kid. he caught a "catfish" and took it home, since we had this big 200 gal tank sitting on one of those bar type room dividers. he put it in the tank and named it "charley". decided he was gonna fatten ole chuck up so we fed him all kinds of stuff which he mostly liked... mostly... we were living in elkhorn nebraska at the time. so my uncle joe shows up and he asks dad, "why you got a carp in the fish tank?" lol... dad had no clue....

Best Answer

Lol! That must have been one mighty happy carp! A friend used to keep carp in her dam and we would feed them twisties which they loved.

Best Answer

ole chuck loved wonderbread...its like crack for carp... lol

Best Answer

A bullhead in a small stream that ran through our property.

Best Answer

Sounds idyllic!

Best Answer

a gar weird alligator looking fish with sharp teeth it scared the crap outta me!

Best Answer

Lol I'm glad you lived to tell the tale!

Best Answer

LOL...I ws just talking about this today. I was 9 and camping in Garmish (in southern Germany) I was walking on the rocks on a creek. I saw a trout swiming...i jumped from rock to rock chasing it and hit it on the with a stick. I did not want to touch it so I tied it to the stick with my shoe lace. I did not eat it becuase I felt bad for it. LOL I do alot of fishing now...but I will never forget the fish I hit on the head with a stick.

Best Answer

Far out!! That is one of the funniest stories I ever heard!

Best Answer

7 years old. Most memorable earlier fish to catch. fishing was bad for the day.. storm was coming in and we were racing for shore. I was given a large hook on what basically was yellow shoelace line to drag behind teh boat as we headed for shore. Ended up pulling in a 14 pounder :D

Best Answer

Large hook and yellow shoe lace line, huh? I'll have to remember this lucky formula!

Best Answer

LOL. They couldn't believe it either:D . The hook was a 2" red devil.. and they wound the extra rope that litterally looked like work boot laces around a wood stick. They were trying to keep me happy... little did tehy know I was going to be pulling in a jackfish lol

Best Answer

Large mouth bass and don't know where I caught it

Best Answer

Impressive!

Best Answer

i was 6 and it was a puffer fish

Best Answer

Thank you for your honesty! I hope you had better luck on future expeditions. *sigh* puffer fish is what I mainly seem to catch these days!

Best Answer

Spring salmon, Columbia River. My dad had his own boat and technically he probably did more to reel it in than I did, but it was my pole that it bit on. It was the best fish I ever ate. :)

Best Answer

Nothing like the taste of your first fish, is there? Well done!

Best Answer