PezzaLou PezzaLou 31-35 7 Answers Nov 5, 2010

.................is it yellow snow?

Best Answer

Yes I can. There is a certain smell to the air. You can because you are attuned to it.<br />
Response:<br />
I don't think I can describe it, but I think that you've come close. When I smell it and it can be several hours to nearly a day before, I get a vision of black and white, smokiness in my head. So, that very faint wood burning odour might capture it for me, too.

Best Answer

Cool! A fellow snow-sniffer :) Just curious...Does it smell close but not quite, like smoke from a wood stove burning at a long distance? It isn't the same as wood smoke, and I only smell it right before it snows- so it ain't stoves. Since I was little I have noticed this particular odor in the air before it snowed. What the heck is that!?

Best Answer

i can smell rain coming :] i love the smell before any type of storm...thunderstorms, rain, snow, they all have different scents :] thunderstorms are sort of a jumpy, fresh smell, while snow is cold and dry and rain is wet and sweet :D

Best Answer

Yeah, I can too. I don't know what it is. Maybe the ice itself has a smell.

Best Answer

The smell of snow has a very dry cold aroma that could be smelled for hours before the first flakes start falling.

Best Answer

Yes. It's close to snow tonight & It has a wet, icy smell. Refreshing too.

Best Answer

Great sense of smell then, love!

Best Answer