I could forgive almost anything but cheating too. I think that if I stayed with a man who cheated on me I would always think of him with her in bed and would never quite get over it. It also depends on the person, if you have a lot in common and have been together for many years it might be okay but it would always be there in the back of your mind. I left my second husband for this reason. It is betrayal and the trust is broken. I suppose if the two in question worked hard at it, it might be okay, I'm just saying what I would do and have done.

Best Answer

One way of looking at it is she still comes home to you, so maybe the relationship is worth saving, maybe changing to suit each other's needs.

Best Answer

Do you still value the relationship? If so, it is worth going to counseling to understand the reasons why. An affair is usually the symptom of an underlying issue . . . Is there a problem in the relationship that the two of you can work on and solve? Is she going through a depressive period in her life that led to her affair?<br />
I don't think it is possible to forgive and move on until you understand why it happened and can fix the problem. Most marriages are worth a few counseling sessions . . . .divorce is very costly.

Best Answer