I passed out at work last night and paramedics said my blood pressure was way up but I was not aware it could cause that...I did not go to the hospital but couldn't get up either...
vickieprince vickieprince 51-55, F 25 Answers Feb 2, 2010

Oh yeah!

I pass out several times a week from blood pressure problems. I have an illness called Dysautonomia. My autonomic nervous system cannot regulate my blood pressure, heart rate, circulation, respiration, digestion, etc. I have to take more than 20 pills each day just to stay conscious. My best friend has it too.

Best Answer

Either too high or too low can cause you to pass out, VL. Be a good boss and give yourself the night off tonight, eh?

Best Answer

I come from a long line of high-blood pressure forbearers. I'd also suggest seeing a doctor. They will take a blood sample and analyse it. Meanwhile, drink a cup of Rosehip&Hibiscus tea. It definitely lowers the blood pressure, but only for a few hours.

Best Answer

Absoutely- either too high or too low will do it. Be careful- it's nothing to mess with. Talk to your Dr- be well.

Best Answer

yes it does; I passed out in November, in December, I told my doctor about it, and he said it was the blood pressure. it was low.

Best Answer

Oh honey go to a Dr...you could have a stroke or have too low blood pressure and pass out and get hurt when you fall...Please go??

Best Answer

Hmm. I almost pass out by standing up to quick. I did get my pressure checked out and it is normal. There maybe other things involved in my case.

I would say get it checked out just in case.

Best Answer

Yes, it can. It happened to me all the time, but my blood pressure would suddenly drop out of no where... and I pass out in the middle of the street. Not much of a great defense mechanism lol

Best Answer

yes see a dr

Best Answer

Most definately. remember that the heart pumps blood to the brain so therefore if the pressure is too high or too low, it will have an effect.

Best Answer

Yes if your blood pressure becomes higher than 160 or lower than 60, you may start to feel symptons due to your blood pressure. In general, the body could adapt very well to either very high or very low blood pressure in the short term. Get yourself checked out and test your blood pressure over a period of time to see if your blood pressure stays higher than 140.

Best Answer

Dude yeah, I can get messed up blood pressure in my head after getting up, and I passed out once. :O

Best Answer

That whole "bean" thing, really got you worked up...

Yes, high blood pressure CAN and DOES make some people pass out....and it puts you at a very increased risk for stroke....follow up with your doctor, pronto....get yourself on some high blood pressure meds.....

Richard Simmons, the exercise guru (among other things)....was driving, waiting at a red light, and passed out....went to the hospital, and it was hypertension....that's what sparked his obsession with fitness....it scared him that much....take care, V.

Best Answer

It sure can and it can also kill you! Get it checked girl

Best Answer

If its very high it can put pressure on parts of the brain causing dizziness and fainting. Take this as a warning and get it checked out by your Doc we don`t need any more EP stalwarts in sick beds

Best Answer

It can, make sure you relax and get it checked out, cut back on salt too

Best Answer