AngryLittlePrincess AngryLittlePrincess 18-21, F 3 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Loss of a Friend

it depends on who you are and how you deal with things ive had multyple good friends kill them self despite my help and i just move on but i guess ive just delt with death enough that it no longer efects me and i just move on and forgett no matter how hard it is, after all there alreadygone what else could you do? hope you feel better soon -gb

Best Answer

thanks...

Best Answer

I believe that your body can reject some types of pain, but I don't think that it can reject the pain of loss. Loss is a pain that's in the heart or emotions, and if it gets to the body, it's just like it is in the heart: it sticks around till it's ready to move on, and there isn't much you can do to get rid of the pain. You can engage in uplifting activities which can help the loss leave quicker, because loss tends to attach to other negative emotions you have or are having. It works differently for everyone though, so consider that too.

Best Answer

I disagree, it can. I've been told by many people including my doctor that of you feel that much pain your body can sort of "reject" the pain.

Best Answer

Your body can reject pain, yes. It 'dissociates' (numbs) away the pain. But I think that when it's loss/grief you're dealing with, the pain will be around as long as the grief is. Get rid of the grief (the pain you feel from loss) and the pain goes with it. That's why I said to find positive things to take your mind off of it: joy is the opposite of grief (from loss). I do want to say, however, that it's normal to feel grief when you lose someone or something you love or care for; maybe you should let the pain run its natural course. It's healthy to do so, and it won't hang around forever.

Best Answer