I had a root canal but I didn't get the crown put on and I don't even have a temporary crown on it either. I noticed the tooth is a little gray but I'm not sure if its suppose to be that color and also since I got a root canal the tooth is dead right? So can it still get infected without a crown . ? I have a swollen lymph node in back neck and wondering if its my tooth thats causing the problem . I have no pain in the tooth at all. Jus wondering could it still get infected? Thanks :)
butterfly93 butterfly93 18-21 3 Answers Jun 7 in Health

Get it fixed!! You can get a condition called "dry socket". VERY painful!!! VERY, VERY, PAINFUL!!

Best Answer

omg get that fixed asap or else BAD things will happen

Best Answer

A tooth that has had a proper root canal is dead. You need to see the dentist asap. Just get it checked out and you need a temporary crown on. Why don't you have a crown. You will ruin the root canal and get an infection in your jaw.... Serious!

Best Answer

So I can get an infection by this correct? And I don't have a crown because I couldn't afford it

Best Answer

You HAVE to see the dentist. Call them, tell them what has happened (the symptoms) and that you don't have money. Remind them of your age, and more than likely they will fix it for you and place a temp crown on it. You probably need another root canal or to pull the tooth. If you have an infection in your jaw, it's difficult and lengthy to get rid of. (I used to be a dental assistant). If you are infected, the dentist will write you a strong antibiotic. He cannot work on the tooth until the infection is gone because they cannot successfully numb you. Call tomorrow morning. Sometimes dentists work Sat. This is serious and needs to be addressed or (I think) other teeth can become infected if your jaw is infected.

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer