Why does it appear in todays society many many younger parents FOOLISHLY try to be friends with their kid/children instead of making it a goal to be strong, supportive & consistant parent/parents? Many older adults (A few young ones too) would say: kids & adults don't have enough in common to be friends or best buds. When the kid/teenager starts contributing finanically to the rent/food/utilities then we can be friends
swisschocolate swisschocolate 31-35, F 4 Answers Sep 26, 2012 in Parenting & Family

We can be.... "Friends with Benefits" :)

and see what develops... concerning the long term

Best Answer

Ha! Ha! lol!

Best Answer

I am old school. I get a kick out of young parents who call their kids "Buddy"> While I always tried to be a friend to my 3 children, I was not their "Buddy". I was their dad and my main goal was to be there for them, support them and prepare them for life. They are all grown with families of their own now. My youngest turns 39 in a month and while I am still not their Buddy, I am their friend and I am their Dad,

Friendship is fleeting - parenthood last forever!

Best Answer

yes indeed thanks for your input

Best Answer

it's a fair court

Best Answer