there a chance that your shadow might surfaced to the conscious side.. if that's the case what would happen? what if you questioned yourself and that you realized that the shadow is somewhat psychopathic (also harming you mentally) and also is the Real self, what would/ should you do? sorry its hard to put it into words. and i'm somewhat tireed..
LackofabetterName LackofabetterName 22-25, M 4 Answers Dec 3, 2012 in Health

If the plates shift and the shadow surfaces without you being prepared it would most likely descend again. If there is such a movement that raw unconscious energies surface to rapidly or forcefully then its most likely a dissociative issue or a schizophrenic episode, which isn't always bad if you can assimilate the energy manually, most cannot however. The best thing to do is fish it out at your own leisure once you know its there, this is done by finding wisdom or reading about the appropriate issue and how others have dealt with it then putting yourself in situations that elicit the shadow content again once your prepared. You cannot see the content of the shadow realm directly but you can see it indirectly, much like finding dark matter in the universe, its not visible but you can see light bend around it. In other words watch the manifestations of your shadow in the world around you by being mindful your feelings and other peoples reactions below the normal surface level.

Best Answer

well, i am certain thats its not schizophrenia. its nothing on that level -no hallucinations-.
Whats weird is that i learned to suppress over the years and i know that the other one who is a little more aggressive is the real version of me. currently the one im using now is just a mask, a shell of my former self.
and huge part of me cant wait for the opportunity to let go of that mask...

Best Answer

I am not qualified to give psychological advice but be careful about suppressing things, what goes down must come up. In one way or another. Schizophrenia is more than just hallucinations, it can lead to a breaking or cracking of the different (for lack of a better word) frequencies of thought that mind uses, conscious, unconscious, even subconscious. They bleed into one another like a lava lamp. Sounds like you need balance and integration. I would go to a psychiatrist just to talk. They just sit and let you talk, eventually you solve your own problems because they don't wtf is wrong with you either, lmao. It might help.

Best Answer

i've thought about that. well i've planned to get that kind of theraphy but 1 one thing led to another and i didn't at the end. lol
Psychiatrist usually go for meds dont they. i have a relative which just went that path, no talk therapy

Best Answer

i did have depression before. well im honestly not sure if it should be in past tense.
i just have some "thoughts" or "anger" inside that sometimes that can spark for no reason at all. But its still manageable

Best Answer

Yea the bad thing is, while science is wonderful the people who apply it are idiots. A document is only as good as the character of those who administer it. And since insureance companies tell doctors how to do there job, they tend to treat you like a lab rat and just keep switching up meds until you find one that works. the meds can be powerful and some are mind altering. Given the wrong meds without the proper testing (which they won't give you unless your bleeding out your ears) the meds could make you worse. Bi-polar disorder is commonly mistaken as depression and the meds will cause further harm. Then there like "opps sorry" so its kinda ****** up to be honest. I had an uncle who was mentally ill and it took them years to get him on the right meds.

Best Answer

If you have a love for wisdom or can devolop a healthy interest in wisdom, I suggest trying to learn to meditate and read books that offer higher inspirational thoughts. I was always fond of the Tao Te Ching, eastern philosophy is always fun. Recalling inspirational quotes will give you a method for dealing with energies that arise and stay centered.

Best Answer

well, my relative had tried only few kinds of meds and it worked with wonders. it was quite the perfect match, but yes the whole thing revolved only with drugs.
thing is my condition made me weak in many ways and has changed me. i did turn to philosophy and i easily get bored now. my attention span became very low that a few of my acquaintances thought i had ADHD lol.
I was really intelligent before...

Best Answer

so what do you know about schizophrenia?
my impression on that is very general and i think its simply chemical imbalances and that the "patient" would normally be psychotic (hallucinations & delusions)

Best Answer

Well people will tell you intelligence is set but its not. Its based on perception and perception is based on how the internal forces are at work on your mind. Intelligence can both go up and down. I think you would benefit from practicing kundalini yoga. And mediation but you should definitely seek medical advice and don't stop until they test you for bipolar disorder and stuff like that. A nice MRI can't hurt and maybe a PET scan heh. You only get one life and one body so be passionate about seeking help.

Best Answer

yeah, i dont think i'm bipolar - but cant really say that for sure...
Intelligence is very dependent on genes, upbringing, education,experiences etc.
but i definitely agree with this "Intelligence can both go up and down". i was destroyed by this ******* condition before.
yes if i have the money for my sake. maybe i would get therapy. i dont trust the people i'm with right now and hell i wont ask for their help

Best Answer

My uncle was schizophrenic. I know that for most people the only hope is to find the right meds. He suffered for years until he got a good doctor. Sometimes disorders like this take over 10 years to properly diagnose because, well, I blame it on loser doctors who won't do proper testing. My knowledge of psych is limited to a few BA level classes and a library of personal readings. I think the modern belief is that the mind is... an organ and there is nothing greater about it than the sum of its parts. This leads doctors to conclude that everything pertaining to the mind can be corrected like working on a car engine. Its just not so. The entire science of western psychology is based on eastern thought for the most part. God, all the forefathers carried around a copy of the Bhagavad Gita. But they still aren't fully listening. They don't yet understand the mind is a secondary organ. Consciouness is based on forces that work on the body and mind from an archetypal realm. The realm of the unconscious. Which is not just inside the mind or created by the mind. Just like a plant grows toward sunlight the mind access certain types of energies in the universe to store and retrieve data etc. So the barriers between those energies can rupture and bleed or stress and stretch to far. This can be caused by both a physiological deficiency in some chemical AND by the development of your mental continuum, your persona, or the totality of your thought matrix, what ever you want to call it. Lets use the word soul. In other words... its up to you to meditate and reflect and seek help and determine whether or not this issue can be resoved internally by changing the way you view reality, learning your souls lessons so to speak to balance these forces (kundalini yoga) or fix it externally in the case of it being a chemical disorder.

Best Answer

The avenue runs both ways in other words. Mind moves into body and body into mind. So you can try to help it with meditation. You have to find the balance yourself between meds and meditation however, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Its your life in the end.

Best Answer

Okay, i know Mind - Body - Spirit. if the mind breaks down the body goes with it, if the spirit is totally broken (in my case) and is continuously beaten up then everything goes with it.
i'm not much into metaphysics but i agree that the Mind is something that humans can fully understand -at least in this time and that meditation and understanding oneself is equally important.
but i was told that psychiatry/psychology in this era is approached purely scientifically and the old freudian/jungian theories are stocked in the philosophy section. i'm not sure and i dont approve of this either.
truth is i think i'm too broken to be fixed entirely or i cant be atleast the half man i used to be.
heck even my memories are being broken to pieces

Best Answer

If its that bad you should seek medical help asap. As for the metaphysics thing... you don't have to believe. Belief is overrated. Mythology, metaphysics, even poetry and art offer a "set of tools" that you can use to work on your self at the level of the spirit. The realm of the subconscious (spirit/soul) requires a very creative and highly subjective approach to understand. When you read something or look at art and it just "speaks" to you... it is speaking to you from that realm. And when you study mythology or metaphysics you don't even try to believe it. if you do your missing the point and losing the message. Just start reading stuff and when something speaks to you listen without critical judgements to its "message" before you decide whether or not it might be wrong. "Poetry consists in letting words be heard behind words." All religious and spiritual study should be approached in this way. But were getting off topic. Jung studied these archetypes that I am talking about. "Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought." So in other words i am just pointing in the direction in case you want to further understand the forces at work in your mind and body. If you can learn to approach mythology from the correct standpoint you will have a much greater body of knowledge than modern science can offer with its limited perspective. What you will be doing is effectively learning to psychoanalyze yourself. Pick up a copy of Joseph Campbell's The Hero With A Thousand Faces if you want to understand how to approach myth in this way. If your faced with insanity or becoming a monk which would you choose?

Best Answer

If your faced with insanity or becoming a monk which would you choose?
well, you probably thinking i would go with the latter but that not exactly true.
i would pick up that book as soon as i finish "Life of Pi", i try to have an open mind on everything. I'm agnostic and it doesn't bother me to read a book on theism. well i'll have my own opinion after.
but still you lost me when talking about realms.
have you thought of the chances that those realms are just imaginary despite of how great/good we feel on something, thinking about realms are probably fabrications we have thought up along the way still accepting something like that doesn't prevent you from appreciating Art

Best Answer

My condition Was really bad. i have seen people breakdown and i could say that what i had back then was monumentally worst although i was very good in controlling myself.
i did meditations and psychoanalyzing on myself, i faced everything alone as always. still i find that i always have controlled myself atleast to the point that i have not yet fully exploded.

Best Answer

Yes, but that is the point. it doesn't matter if they are imaginary, that is why you don't try to believe. That is why i said belief is not required. If it is "imgainary" forces that are working on your mind and driving you insane... will belief or disbelief change anything? And if it "imaginary" forces causing the problem then you learning to deal with them on there own level. I don't personally care if there imaginary or not, myself. When asked about life after death the Buddha didn't reply, he stated that it does not matter whether there is life after death, all that matters is how you change your life here and now. So it is best to stay well grounded and not start believing things IMO. Especially if your having issues with concentration or having trouble discerning reality. Believing religion and not being able to separate fact from metaphor if your experiencing mental illness is terrible. It can cause more damage than good, IMO. So again, its best to not believe anything but rather just approach it all like an art project. The book I recommended talks about how to do that. He also has several documentaries called Mythos I and Mythos II and I think there is a Mythos III out also. The Power of Myth is a good book by JC. This is only if you want to learn more about the archetypes that Jung studied however.

Best Answer

Now when i say don't believe I mean don't not believe either. Just don't judge what you read critically. You wouldn't critically judge a 4 grade art contest and nit pick every detail. By withholding your critical judges of right and wrong you do not even enter into the game of belief so you never risk becoming confused about what is real and what is not real in the case of a schizophrenic breakdown. Not judging leaves you "open" to hear the message behind the metaphor. Its best to think of this as a kind of psychotherapy. It takes a while to deveolp the language to see the archetypal forces at work on you in your unconscious, it can be a lifetime endeavor. That is why most people don't do it unless they have to. I'm just letting you know you may have to become a seeker of this kind of knowledge if you have to learn to try to heal yourself someday. Talk this over with your psychotherapist when you go see him. Ask about what were talking about and see what hes knows about it.

Best Answer

hmmm... do you have a religion? not believing anything made me an agnostic - well i have my own sets of beliefs now but thats the closest word to it

Best Answer

My religion is truth. I am a believer in one truth/reality. But i have a very open mind and toss around different models of reality. I think religion and science say the same things. If your willing to reach in and find the common denominator.

Best Answer

When you read my posts however, realize that I operate "through" the body of mythology to creatively depict concepts that are difficult to explain with normal mundane language.

Best Answer

do you think there is a god?

Best Answer

I don't think you have time for my answer to that. ;)

Best Answer

I do.

Best Answer

Or i think i want to hear it

Best Answer

Start by looking over some of my posts. Start at the bottom and work your way up. If you like. I guess if your looking for a simple explanation... I don't think I can offer a simple explanation. I am not trying to dodge your question here. But people have contorted the idea of what God may or may not be for so long. "How can I render back into light-world language the speech defying pronouncements of the dark? Or put into terms of yes and no ideas that transcend opposites? How can I teach again what has been taught correctly and incorrectly learned a thousand times through the millennium of mankind's prudent folly.?" The very idea of God is a symbol that we are supposed to move through to see an idea that transcends human experience and human research. We cannot talk about these things. But if you want a more typical answer.. I am unsure if I can give you one, lmao. Yes and no. What if I said I believed in god but not in everlasting life or the immortality of the soul? What would you say then?

Best Answer

If you read about love, it is true for you?

Best Answer

If you have evidence of love, is it true for you?

Best Answer

"but i agree that the Mind is something that humans can NOT fully understand" i read my above statement found a typo.lol i think somehow i agree with you. But i do believe that things that are true and existing are the ones we know from empirical evidences. Metaphysics is just a tool but Not necessarily points you to the truth. God however in a sense that we were taught is never real for me. it more likely of there is a god its something that we dont know and we can't grasp to understand
-i have to stop making typos.lol
pls just use PM next

Best Answer

gotcha

Best Answer

Your as bad as i am with fixing typo's. Your OCD aren't you?

Best Answer

no, but i had something like that before
i was quite intelligent as a kid and i think about things (especially numbers) more than atleast 5 time. still i used to think faster than anyone.

Best Answer

times. lol

Best Answer

...I seem to be approaching dissociative identity disorder....so my bad side is a bit more separate than a lot of people experience. <br />
Now that we are talking, he's less likely to sabotage common goals. <br />
...However, he has input on what those goals are now.<br />
Works out well.

Best Answer

are we talking about you? He?

Best Answer

I don't understand what you mean by a shadow surfacing to a conscious side, or how a shadow could be psychopathic and harming to you mentally. How does that happen?

Best Answer

it feels like its another "self". its like a different person but still me. or something like a split personality.
harming mentally is the thoughts that come into mind...

Best Answer

You should practice meditation, if the teeter tooters to far in one direction in can result in emotional break down or the onset of schizophrenia or similar dis-eases. Try to refrain from extremes of emotion. Seek professional help but be mindful of the meds they give you, most of them are ****** for pharmaceutical companies and just plane quacks. There a necessary evil however unless you want to go down the rabbit hole yourself and learn to fix the machine on your own.

Best Answer