because they look just like regular cheerios and many kids share their snacks. Who is right? Should the PB Cheerios be banned or should kids with nut allergies be encouraged to stop sharing food with random children on the playground?
Jessalex Jessalex 26-30, F 20 Answers Apr 29, 2012

If you have an allergy to a common food then you shouldn't be eating random things strangers give you. That's a good life lesson for the kids to learn now.

Best Answer

Well yea, just teach your kids not to share. Anyway, in my son's school they were not allowed to share food. That's just lazy. What else are going to ban, cats?

Best Answer

hahaha

Best Answer

My old grandad sadly passed away last year and I never even got to say goodbye...

It was made even more poignant by the fact that he drowned in a bowl of Cheerios...?

Best Answer

Enough is enough. Allergies, smalergies. Take responsibility for your kid's shortcomings and let the rest of the world get on with it. Or go build yourself a fookin" bubble.

Best Answer

Kids with peanut allergies should not share food. Some of these moms need more to do than lobbying General Mills over stupidity.

Best Answer

I think that it's unfair that parents of kids with allergies can dictate that my child can't have any nut containing food in her lunch box. Likewise kids with no allergies should be able to have nutty cheerios if they want.

Best Answer

Speaking as someone with peanut allergies, this sounds like a classic case of parents not wanting to do any parenting. I mean, half the kids in my class at school would eat peanut butter sandwiches or whatever, and I've clearly survived the past 19 years.

Don't give your kid peanut butter Cheerios, and don't let other people give them to your kid. Problem solved.

Best Answer

Those parents are just too proud to admit they can't teach their kids to be careful with food when they have allergies. We don't always know the ingredients in a lot of things, so we have to ask if it has something we're allergic to. That's just common sense. But kids would forget, so maybe the Cheerios could be slightly darker and smell like peanut butter.

Best Answer

Gluten free bread looks like regular bread......there is always someone who is allergic to something.

Best Answer

its a hard choice...but ultimatly...i think parents should always be aware of what thier children eat...especialy if they have allergies...why ruin it for everyone else.

Best Answer

Yeah the moms of kids w allergies need to teach their kids not to take food from other people bc you never know the ingredients. They should have already taught them that!

Best Answer

Well, they should stop eating the cheerios.. annoying kids.. >:o

Best Answer