Think of it like a challenge. What is 'Jesus' to you? Spirit with a name = Ghost; A person who is dead no longer needs a name because they are within the ocean of "God"; You have a personality, a Higher Self which connects you through awareness to your Consciousness, Soul and thus "God" since Spirit (energy) has no boundaries like solid matter appears to have. Where does Christ fit in? Christ is supposed to be an external force that 'saves' so how does Christ save? Please use your own words and understanding .... And the challenge is not to mention or quote Biblical scripture at all. What are your personal ideas?
BluOmni BluOmni 31-35, F 17 Answers Mar 27, 2012

I'm gonna start by saying that I'm not a Christian, but still believe that there is quite a bit of truth in the Bible's desc<x>ription of Jesus. Inserted into the true part however is all this stuff about how we need him to get to the Father, that he is the Son of God, etc. <br />
I recently read the Talmud of Jmmanuel, which is the gospel according to Judas Iscariot, who travelled with Jmmanuel (Jesus) after his "resurrection". In this version, he never actually died, but instead went into a near-death trance before being put into the tomb where his friends from India came in and healed them for 3 days and 3 nights via a hidden entrance. It also says that he isn't the Son of God, but the Son of Gabriel. Gabriel and all the angels are in fact Ascended Humans who are much more spiritually advanced than us. You could also call these beings aliens, but that might be kind of missing the point. It might sound crazy, but I legitimately believe that Jesus' father was a Human (possibly from another planet or dimension) who has already achieved enlightenment and beyond. After his baptism by John the Baptist, he was picked up by "a metallic light" and wasn't seen for 40 days and 40 nights. In the years missing in the Bible, he studied in India and possibly Tibet. He wished to open the eyes of the people, but knew and understood his fate. He even says that his teachings would be misunderstood and many people would die in his name, that Simon Peter would help distort his teachings, that people wouldn't see the Truth until 2 millennia and a century go by. <br />
In summary, I believe that his name was actually Jmmanuel (which means 'one with godly knowledge') and not Jesus (which means 'savior'). He came to help us wake up, but his teachings were twisted and used for other purposes. The same thing happened with Mohammed and Jmannuel even prophecies his coming, along with the fact that his teachings would also be distorted and would involve many people dying. Between December 21, 2012 and July 24, 2014 we will be entering the era of truth and the age of 'waking up'. If everybody can just love each other and love themselves, than together we can bring about the Golden Age.

Best Answer

I agree 100% with the thesis that Jesus spent time in India. This is where He learned how to transmit Shakti (Hindu term for Holy Spirit) and thereby became a guru. This is why a living guru is necessary, not only for the Transmission but also to untie knots [read my A &amp; reply]. That He taught His disciples how to do it dismisses the notion He had a monopoly AND explains why He forbade the disciples to preach in the East...been there, had that done to me, more ground to cover west...It would be Grand if we all "Just got along". rowboats progress when all oars stroke the same way.
Feel freeed to read about a book invoking The Holy Spirit:EP Link

Best Answer

TheBenis... I just did research on that book you mentioned "The Talmud...". And I was intrigued at first.... Then I found out who Albert "Billy" Meier is. He faked UFO photos and claimed to be visited on a regular basis by human being-like aliens and still claims they visit every thursday and yet no digital photos of them... Just the old non-original film he took in the 70s... I don't think the "Talmud" is accurate.

Best Answer

Who says they were faked? The first photos he took were before digital editing existed. Also, just read it yourself and then come to a conclusion. Enough of it makes more sense than the original bible, but it reads a lot like the book of Matthew. For instance, the Our Father. With only slight differences in wording, it makes it more personal instead of crying out to a god we don't understand. I'm not saying the Talmud is absolute truth anymore than the Bible is absolute truth. But it does still contain truth, in my honest opinion.

Best Answer

No can do, but can say:<br />
Jesus said, judge not. Paul said - judge everyone and be fruit pickers.<br />
Jesus said "fear not evil". Paul said to fear evil.<br />
Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven is within you. Paul said it's in the sky.<br />
Jesus said do NOT pray in churches. Paul said to pray in churches.<br />
Jesus said do NOT pray in public. Paul said to pray in public.<br />
Jesus said to follow him, you must give up all that you own and trust that you will be taken care of. Paul didn't want you to give up everything. He wanted ongoing tithes and offerings.<br />
Jesus said that even the most corrupt are of part of the kingdom of heaven. Paul said that they're of the kingdom of Satan.<br />
Jesus said to love your enemies and do good to those who do not love you. Paul said to put them in their place and go to war if called to.<br />
Jesus said to NOT put your faith in money. Paul required money.<br />
Jesus said to see no human as more important than yourself. Paul said to respect outside authority as more important & valuable than yourself.<br />
Jesus said to swear no oaths. Paul said to swear oaths of allegiance.<br />
Jesus said to love yourself, for as you love yourself you love god. Paul said to deba<x>se yourself before those whom God has placed over you.<br />
Jesus said you are powerful creatures. Paul said you are powerless.<br />
Jesus told you how to use your innate power for your own protection. Paul said that those who do are evil.<br />
Jesus said that the kingdom of heaven is here - NOW. Paul said that it is where christians go after they die.<br />
Jesus said that as you do to even the very least, you do unto God. [Thus y'all are god(s)]. Paul said that God is a great king who lives in the sky.<br />
Jesus said that YOU are the light of the world. Paul said that Jesus is.<br />
As Paul established the christian church, and as Paul rejected Jesus' teachings and established a church that opposed them, if Jesus is (is of) the christ, then the christian church can legitimately be called the anti-christian church. Quantum mechanics, the unified field, and the study of consciousness all tend to support Jesus while they all tend to expose Paul's mythical god. Physicists already say that the christian god has fewer and fewer places to hide.<br />
The question for christians then, is who they believe: Paul or Jesus. Where their faith lies, there is their god. Are they going to believe the one they call the Christ or the one that never made such a claim and disagreed with him at every turn.

Best Answer

Gail.... Thanks for your thought provoking response.

Best Answer

I can't begin to describe how much you're wasting your time with those questions from both a Christian and non-Christian perspective. I'll try to summarize my personal beliefs in the matter...<br />
I used to be a Christian and the only thing I learned is that Jesus is an a*sehole not worth bothering with. Move on, you'll be happier for it.

Best Answer

I think he was an enlightened individual of his time, and a genuine good person, but he wasn't some son of a magical sky daddy and virgin most pure. And If he knew how many people have been slain in his name, he'd be all like.. "Da **** is wrong with you people??" But he ain't comin back.. so.. yeah >.>

Best Answer

i think he was a david copperfield of his time who claimed 'powers'.. food for thought muwahahaha :)

Best Answer

He is someone who loves me no matter what. He my father better than any earthly father. He gives me peace, he helps me when I fall. He is more than the world and universe. He's sweet. He is a sweet heart, he loves even though some doesn't love him back. He get jealous a lot but that kinda cute in a way like he want us to focus on nothing but him.

Best Answer

That's a really odd perspective for a question.

Best Answer

U think the reason he died on the cross was not to rid us of all our din but because he was a problem, how do you get rid of a problem? Kill it!

Best Answer

it is not true that he was a son of god. if there is any god he wouldn't need any sons, god wouldn't need any messengers to communicate with humans. it's all religious ****sh*t.

Best Answer

That's like saying, "Please explain tectonic theory WITHOUT using geological terminology". Ridiculous.

Best Answer

I dare you to try.

Best Answer

Snapping zero.... Read the details... Use your own mind as a Christian... That is the point.

Best Answer

Peter... Right

Best Answer

(Gone beyond but once was Christian Hindu response): don't they believe Jesus actually rose corporeally and will return as such...i.e. not dead? I don't as the Bible promised he'd have returned by now so the merging into the Big Ocean - God - in the Hindu sense makes the most sense now. Jews think The Messiah hasn't come yet. Christians think He has and will come again. Hindus recognize Christ-like people come and go only to be replaced by more in every age including now.

Best Answer

'Gone beyond'? Yes, Jesus is said to have rose from the dead but in a new body which some people translate that to mean a spiritual body which would make more sense if Jesus is the Jesus of modern Christianity. Being physical would just mean Jesus is human and not a God since most frown on the idea of a Zeus like figure.

Best Answer

"Gone beyond" = swallowed Christianity whole and followed it with other beliefs then synthesized all into coherence. As you note "SOME people translate"...this is one of the quandaries faced when untying an old knot partially blinded and crippled by language metamorphosis and mistranslation. It is why the MOST sense is made to me seeing an actual.......GodMan.......for lack of a better term. A Guru. Jesus was such and this agrees with your last sentence although you probably don't want that. These are my sought out "personal ideas" based on personal experiences, not beliefs.

Best Answer

Freed... I agree that he seemed to be a guru if he actually existed. The last sentence (May 27th response). I just meant that Jesus cannot be "NOW" human.. I was interested in Christians explaining how they saw "Jesus" today if they experience the "presence" of Jesus today... I saw many people didn't catch on... Oh well...

Best Answer

or, "What is your personal relationship to Jesus?"<br />
You are right that repetitious dogmatic answers to this question are tedious, but to coherently answer we also need to be able to make *some* reference to the Christian Christ. The symbol of Jesus after all has a particularly historical character.

Best Answer

It is the challenge to not mention the Bible but instead state your own understanding.

Best Answer

ok, hang on...

Best Answer

i don't understand the archetype of God very well beyond recognizing its basic character and nature - in Christian terms i understand Jesus to be the historical pivot by which God intervened in the world and imbued Mankind with a certain consciousness and destiny - in psychological terms i think of Jesus as the God in all of us and a symbol of the suffering required to achieve a higher level of consciousness

Best Answer

roughly, briefly

Best Answer

the more i think about it though the more dissatisfied i am with Christianity as an ultimate religion - Jesus is too close to the root of my culture for me to let go of him yet though and the symbol is still very mysterious to me, but i've already in my heart moved on to consider whether Judaism doesn't make more philosophical sense

Best Answer

Don't forget that faith is what matters and not the understanding of why a person belives in
God or not. Being confused and people confusing you is an act that evil pl;ays. Know what you belive in.

Best Answer

mytruth; such wisdom as i possess comes largely from questioning everything i believe in - this also made me crazy but i'm learning to control it slowly - i was gently trolling her here and BluOmni hasn't even been unreasonable toward me - i don't know her well enough to know if her intentions are good but i take her ideas seriously

Best Answer

FAITH! There is no explanation. It is Theory to many and that is absolute. Faith.

Best Answer

More info needed. Faith is synonymous with Trust. Christ fits in as 'trust'? I must admit I do not understand. You have trust that Jesus saves, correct? In your own understanding, how does that happen?

Best Answer

It is in self! I feel him, love him, and know him. It is my understanding. He is my God! God is my God. No man, can tell me, change, or confuse me. He is one and the only one. I know him and he is one in me as long as I am listening and obeying. Most importantly is he is there all the time.

Best Answer

Thank you.... Could you please explain what you mean by "... he is there all the time' ? Does 'Jesus' still have a 'sex' (male) and if so how?

Best Answer

When you believe in God there is a Evil and if evil shows you as a man then God is a man. If any of the two which evil showed himself to me first was man, then I can only assuem that God is a man. Either way! Faith has no form it is a spirit a holy spirit not man, form, or thing. I will know him when I get the opportunity to. It isn't like the movies, plays, or shows. Faith as God is are only known by the holder of the key. I pray at home. The forms of religion are not my ways. I am not holier then thou as church people are. I do Gods ways by being good and doing what is right with the world. People, plants, animals, and life. Faith is God, and his works are greater then words and congregations. Been there done that. I found out that leaders sometimes don't lead but, ask for too much money for themselves. This is an observation they don't work with faith.

Best Answer

Mytruth... So do you experience "Jesus" as a "spirit" then? If Jesus is in the heart and people say this, do you perceive them as meaning that somehow this "Jesus spirit" goes inside the body of the human or in someway influences from afar?

Best Answer