There is this great short and simple article that talk about different religions' concept of Heaven and Hell: http://www.neatorama.com/2007/03/23/heaven-and-hell-according-to-various-religions/#!XtfWh Tell me what you think.
GentlemanMind GentlemanMind 22-25, M 4 Answers Jun 11 in Hobbies

Is thinking even allowed?

Best Answer

No. Read your Bible and hush ! :D

Best Answer

Well it depends. Questioning the christian god, for example, will send you to their version of Hell... Better to not think about this.
(James 1:5-8
"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.)"

Best Answer

I may not believe other religions, but I won't call them lies, and I respect them just as I respect my own. They are beliefs, just like mine. Who am I to look down on one when I believe in another?

Best Answer

Nice. It must be odd to choose one version of Heaven and Hell, but not the other. As you say, it's a belief. I think you do well not to put others' beliefs down :)

Best Answer

Hey, I wish there were more people like you in this world. Too much bigotry and intolerance.

Best Answer

Don't really care what others believe, as long as it doesn't promote violence against myself and those I love.

Best Answer

Then you should care, because some beliefs are truly toxic and promote rape and mass murder.
"Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)"
Also, the christian bible teaches to kill rape victims and hommosexuals. If you care for the people you love...

Best Answer

"A prophecy against Babylon that Isaiah son of Amoz saw.." Yup, ok. As for the rape and homosexual thing - the bible is a book that recounts traditional laws of the period in many places.

Best Answer

Problem is, it still has an impact on our lives; many people hate homosexuals and kill rape victims because of their beliefs.

Best Answer

Mostly Muslims..Most christians simply speak out against it, as they are want to do..as per the bible stating it is wrong..

Best Answer

I'm not sure of your opinion. You mean you think it is wrong to speak against homosexuals? Just to be sure...

Best Answer

I think it is wrong to beat someone down for being gay. I don't think it is wrong to express disagreement with such a lifestyle.

Best Answer

A lifestyle? I really don't understand what you mean... Are you saying being straight or being gay is a lifestyle?

Best Answer

Yes, it is. You pursue a lifestyle..pursuing women, or pursuing men, opposite or the same, as your respective gender.

Best Answer

Eating healthy is a lifestyle. Beings black, gay, straight, asian is not... You are born like this... Anyway, I'll just stop arguing here it goes in circles.

Best Answer

Being gay is not the same as being black or asian..

Best Answer

We don't think every other religion is completely a lie, we believe that there are many elements of truth in other religions.

Best Answer

I'd like an example of something you see as truth in another religion that matches your beliefs. :)

Best Answer