This is a Bible question more than a religion question. I realize that many people (especially non-Christians) don't approve of any type of proselytizing and that point of view is duly noted by this asker so there is no need to use this question as a platform to "expound" on that. :) For this question, I'm only interested in specific Bible passages that address how a believer should approach witnessing opportunities in regards to peoples of other religions. Sadly, most Bible believing Christians these days don't seem to know their own Bibles, so this question may be difficult for most to answer. I have a few specific passages of my own in mind, but I'm curious as to what other believers have to offer to this topic. Thanks in advance. :)
Intelligently Intelligently 31-35, F 16 Answers Apr 18, 2012

The fact that Christian are to witness to people of other religions is established in the Great Commission in its several iterations<br />
John 20:21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” <br />
Mark 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; <br />
they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”<br />
Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.<br />
Luke 24:46 Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise[a] from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. <br />
Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”<br />
I Corinthians 9:19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.<br />
II Corinthians 5:18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. (NKJ)<br />
That passage I think should be seen as a key passage in the New Testament. In the Old Testament the nation of Israel was an agent of divine judgement. But the church has what I call the dispensation of mercy. Governmental authorities are indeed to be agents of vengeance. But the church is given the ministry of reconciliati

Best Answer

on. That is, to preach God's desire for reconciliation with man as we serve as ambassadors for Christ. That is what the Westboro nuts have completely upside down.
Colossians 4:5 Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6 Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person. (NAS)
I Peter 3:15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; 16 and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame. (NAS)

Best Answer

I would have to add that in view of the fact that nearly everyone in ancient times had a religion, when Jesus gave the Great Commission, He was tacitly commanding preaching the Gospel to people of other religions.

Best Answer

couldn't have said it any better then what you put...Thanks

Best Answer

Well, I wouldn't leave any witnesses alive, that's for sure.

Best Answer

;)

Best Answer

we can't just witness to people we are comfortable with.we are suppossed to tell everyone about the word of god.

Best Answer

That's my understanding (and my personal feeling) on the matter as well, nikki. Thanks for answering. :)

Best Answer

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15<br />
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18

Best Answer

Thanks much, churinga!

Best Answer

does the inquisition ring any bells? oO

Best Answer

Yes, but it doesn't have anything to do with this question. I'm not asking about what the Bible says "to do" to people of other religions. I'm asking if it addresses how (or if) a Christian should witness to a person of a differing religion.

Best Answer

yeah i know. just being a smart a$$. but you christains don't like competition.. thats for sure :)

Best Answer

I think anyone who doesn't like the existence of someone who doesn't believe as they do is a bigot. If the shoe fits the Christian (and it does very often) then so be it. But it obviously is no less fitting to non-Christians, as the answers I've gotten on this question alone have proven right well.

Best Answer

amen?... :)

Best Answer

Amen indeed! ;)

Best Answer

Being a good example of a Christian and spreading His love. I wish I knew more, I'd like to witness to people one day. I'm afraid a bunch of jerks will get on you for this, like Aldemone did. >.< Sorry about that. :/

Best Answer

Thanks for trying anyway! And no worries, I knew it was a snake when I picked it up. By intentionally mocking me for asking a question, they're just amusing themselves. It doesn't bother me at all as long as I get a few worthwhile answers. :)

Best Answer

Well good for you!! :)

Best Answer

We are commanded to preach and teach God word from the bible to the whole entire world before the end times comes.

http://www.jw.org/en/

Best Answer

Tell me truthfully who do you think wrote the Bible. Also where is your proof about who it was written by. Please I would really like to know and I am not trying to be mean or even disbelieving, but I am truly curious about your ba<x>se substance of faith.

Best Answer