I have a co-worker, very "christian" person (but oddly enough one of the meanest bitchiest women ever), one day something happened at the office to make me exclaim "What the hell?" and she told me not to curse at work, blah, blah...but a few days later I caught her saying "Oh crap" a bunch of times, I pointed out to her that now SHE was the one cursing but she said "crap" isn't really a curse word...what gives? Why is "hell" a bad word but "crap" isn't according to this nut?
Bananna Bananna 31-35 18 Answers Feb 24, 2009

I've never had a christian tell me "Hell" was a swear word (and I AM Christian and grew up in a Christian family, and almost every one of my relatives is Christian, in fact, there are priests that are part of my family)<br />
That lady is just weird, there are those who are religious and it brings out the best of them, but there are others that allow religion to bring out the worst of them, that's not how it should be used.

Best Answer

Ask her if "Bugger me pink and call me Satan!" is cursing or not? ;o)

Best Answer

She's nuts. And what's more she's a hypocrite.<br />
If she doesn't agree with cursing as a Christian, she shouldn't curse AT ALL.<br />
I am Christian and I personally never find 'what the hell' offensive.

Best Answer

She's a nut.

Best Answer

i believe any word can be used as a curse word. Much of it depends on how it is used. I may say "well slap me silly" instead of saying "what the hell" but what is the difference in the way it is used if the situation is the same that brought out the use of the words?<br />
If someone is speaking and every other word is a curse word then I take issue with that. But when words are thrown out as you used in your example then to me it is just using words to explain an emotion at the time.<br />
Just don't let her get under your sking and if she ever brings the subject up again bring it to her attention that the use of any word can be good or bad.

Best Answer

What the Heck is this about?<br />
Oh crap, I've said it again!<br />
I am in Hell already!...Look at the world as it is now!

Best Answer

I often say both! The Almighty knows already what Im thinking anyway without me saying it.And what them makes them think they are so much better than the next guy!

Best Answer

So many "Christians" will use their dogma to beat you over the head. Words are words. GD. MF. AH. ****, ****, all the so called curse words are just that - words. The aren't good, bad, in between. They are just words. Soime "Christians" berate everyone about everything. They are the ones who are wrong.<br />
" Don't go over to the dark side." Obi Wan Kenobi. <br />
These "Christians" delight in telling people how they are wrong, even though the Bilble tells us not to judge. They are the ones who are wrong. To be a good Christian, Buddhist, Moslem, Jew, Zorastrian, etc. means you treat your fellow man as you would be treated. If your friend says, "Oh crap," she is saying the same thing as if you said, god damn it, or anything else. They are words - not statements of belief.

Best Answer

American christians from what iv seen of them are very good at quoting the bible, but dont seem to have a bulls notion of what it actually means.

Best Answer

Crap is not a place where you burn for all eternity.

Best Answer

Personally...I'd would rather hear what the hell, over crap, anyday....and I am a Christian...<br />
That said...why do you even care what she says? She's just an over-opinionated co-worker....and what she says isn't the law....so, don't let it bother you.

Best Answer

No word in itself is a bad word, the intention of the heart is what makes a word bad.<br />
Her ob<x>jection to the word is NOT a Christian thing, it is a personal thing for her. Just because she calls herself a Christian does not mean that she doesn't have alot of problems to deal with in herself. Self control is extremelt difficult, especially when being a ***** comes very natural to her. You are not responsible for her actions, only for your own. Try to be nice to her even when she's being mean, I know it's difficult, but it may just shame her into changing, or at least a desire to change....

Best Answer

She is a nut. However I believe the history of the word crap goes back to John Crapper who invented the potty. so Crap is just a slang word, for someones last name. Don't get me wrong, I don't like my kids saying it. As for what the hell, the word hell is in the bible, and you can not take hells name in vain, so how is that swearing? so that lady is not a smart Christian. I also I would just like to add as a Christian, it personally creeps me out when people like these nuts pull the christian card at work, I feel it can be handled in a unprofessional manner and I think that is happing to you. I know this because I had the samething happen to me. I am sorry this nut is giving you a bad image of what it means to be a Christian. So have a superday anyway ok? :)

Best Answer

I never got this either. I guess somehow hell is offensive and crap isn't? If you made a scale of all the swear words from 0-10, with 10 being the most offensive (when is 10 ever the lowest, honestly?) then crap would rank about .5 where I guess hell would be 1 or something. So maybe anything that's lower than a 1 isn't offensive? I don't know. Christians have weird standards.

Best Answer

this is a matter of personal opinion. I as an individual don't have a problem saying hell and i also don't have a problem when other people say, what thell. however, that's just MY opinion. to be fair, the bible says that blessing and cursings shouldn't come out of the same mouth, and to curse somone is profoundly different from just saying what the hell so . ultimately it doesn't really matter that much if you say what the hell and somone gets offended. more than likely their guilty conscious for cursing themselves is what's prompting them to try to control what you and everone else around them says.

Best Answer