My Dad died suddenly a few months ago, and my Mom was telling me how I should not send Christmas cards out this year, which I understand, as it would seem too cheerful in such a grieving time. However, I did make some phone calls to some friends and family and wished them a Merry Christmas, as I wished my friends on Facebook a Merry Christmas, I guess because I was feeling the joy of the season, and now I am wondering if I should not have done that. Do you think what I did was alright? I'm a little confused, as I never lost someone that close to me.
Carrie7 Carrie7 51-55, F 10 Answers Dec 24, 2012 in WTK

I am so sorry you lost your Dad. Do you think he would want you to be unhappy? I highly doubt it. You do what makes you feel good....not a thing to feel guilty over.

Best Answer

Don't worry about it. I think it was fine to do that. I'm sure your Dad would be happy to see you wishing people a merry christmas even though you suffered a major loss.

Best Answer

Everybody deal with grief differently. Good to see that you can find some happiness at a time when there seems to be none.

Best Answer

Are they mourning the loss of your father? If not, then go right ahead.

Best Answer

sorry about your Dad...and no you didn't do anything inappropriate..wouldn't you want others to keep celebrating Christmas if it were you? (knock on wood)

Best Answer

****CELEBRATE your fathers life rather than mourn his death****

Wishing you every happiness, peace and inner tranquility.

Happy holidays

Best

Helena xo

Best Answer

Are you a Hindu,I thought they practice this.

Best Answer