Anyone else sick of hearing Obama whine about how it's all one parties fault? Clinton worked with Newt Gingrich and the idealistic freshman class of 1994 - a congress controlled by GOP all the way with plenty of idealogy- and reformed welfare and earned a budget surplus for the first time in decades. Reagan faced a congress that openly made fun of him and even had some dem senators calling our enemies giving them "tips" on how to make him look bad, but managed to win the cold war and turn around an economy that had been in the doldrums since Gerald Ford. I can't believe with that precident we can't ask Obama why he can't get something done. He had a purely dem congress for 2 years and the GOP only holds one now, an has spent trillions. Are we really supposed to believe this isn't a failure in leadership?
TwylaMarie TwylaMarie 41-45, F 12 Answers Oct 7, 2011

I think thats a narrow view of things which over-simplifies history and compares hindsight to the present.<br />
Maybe the cold war had a limited lifespan and in fact Reagan borrowed heavily to invigorate the economy,which then left a legacy of debt mostly borne by the poorer classes..?<br />
Neither did Clinton or Reagan inherit a "post G.W.Bush" state of affairs..<br />
Study the charts to see who skyrocketed debt the most by any measure..<br />
(The answer starts with a "G" and a "W")<br />
There are always things we don't like ( which may not actually be the fault of the President ),.<br />
but its also true in the case of Obama,.that there are features of his leadership,.that are worthy of praise and show true authentic quality.<br />
Besides,a "split economy" is a whole new ball-game as well..That situation relies upon positivity and bi-partisanship..A vandalistic or selfish sore loser type 'opposition' can create mayhem,. just to make the elected government look bad, regardless how excellent they may be.

Best Answer

Read both major Reagan books and never remember him taking even a moment to blame Carter for the economy, the bungling of the middle east and rise of radical islamofascism, etc. Don't remember GWB saying anything about how if Clinton had gottten serious the first time they tried to bring down the towers he wouldn't have needed to fix the problem the second time. How pathetic the whole "The buck stops over there" thing has gottten.

Best Answer

When the bottom 50% of wage earners pay no federal tax, how do you defend the idea that anything here is "borned by the poorer classes." You forget that the bottom half pay no federal taxes?

Best Answer

Politics weren't as polarized back then. I don't like what Obama has done but I think it's much harder now with one party being so openly defiant of anything he tries to accomplish. With the Republicans doing nothing but trying to make him look bad and cause all Democratic initiatives to fail I think it is a lot harder on Obama. But I repeat, I don't like how Obama has "led" the nation the last few years.

Best Answer

That's an uninformed opinion I think. You don't remember the GOP freshman and the contract with America? That wasn't polarized politics? How about Ted Kennedy having contact with the Russian President tell him ways to embarass Reagan. That wasn't polarizing? How about a U.S. congressman calling Reagan a "Fool" during official proceedings? That wasn't polarizing?

Best Answer

Because he hasn't tried! He thinks he has all the answers and that he knows best. Somehow he thinks that he is in a monarchy instead of a democracy. He doesn't realize that the people elected individuals to represent us in both the house and senate. We are dissappointed in our Senator, who haven't been able to pass a budget since obama's election!

Best Answer

Let's be honest with each other, our Nation is no longer "One Nation, UnderGod". It is now TWO (2) fully different nations, both Ideology and Econonomically. It's time to admit that and make it so, or continue to suffer the consequences. We have those who produce, and want smaller government. and we have those wanting bigger government to give them more money. It's time we really did consider breaking the nation up into two seperate countries. We thought having 50 different States would offer the citizens at least one state to live that would meet their needs but the federal government has broken that also. Split 'em up!

Best Answer

What split Congress? The Democrap and the Depublican millionaires have been taking the Nation to the cleaners since Reagan's days. Read up on the stats -- that's when the inflation-indexed value of stock ownership started to sail upwards, away from salaried employment.<br />
Take a look around. Our salaries are maybe twice what they were in the 70s, but the dollars we are being paid will only buy a tenth of the home/groceries/car that they could then. Anybody seen a new car for less than 20K, or a house anywhere near a decent job market and schools under 100K?<br />
Sound like "class warfare"? If you want to call it that, better wake up. The top 1% started it, in the 80s. <br />
I don't like Bush III in the White House now, either; I voted for him because I thought he would put a stop to the horrific waste of playing Rambo in southeast Asia, shut down Guantanamo Bay, and get our health care system out of the hands of Wall Street and the insurance moguls. <br />
I've been voting for the people I thought had a decent chance of fixing health care in this country since 1992 -- and since Rep. Boehner and the Depubs don't seem to have a clue beyond going back to the good old days (which weren't, except for them), I'll vote against them again. But I don't expect any good to come of it.<br />
Could it just be that the President's own party's support for him is lukewarm? -- I mean, they may be saying, he's not one of Us, you know. And I'm not talking about his race.

Best Answer

What garbage.
Starting at the top, if you don't see the difference between people like Pelosi and Paul Ryan, you are are either blind or stupid. The democrat/GOP divide is a wide one and those that try to straddle it like Lugar are going away. There are clear choices.
On paragraph 2, you want to blame anyone for your money being worth less, blame the people driving up our national debt. All that money that we're printing doesn't go as far when you are trying to buy a car (most of which is built from components made overseas) and unions which drive up the cost of construction.
The whole 1% business is such stupidity. Waving around a bunch of useless figures based on paper wealth driven by new technologies. If the people who own all that stock in internet companies, wireless companies and computers actually tried to make that stock liquid it would be worth 10% of what the inflated numbers show.
The Presidents own party support is hardly "lukewarm." His last budget failed 418-0 and the number of congresspeople up for re-election who remarkably won't be going to the democratic convention is simply amazing.
Good luck with that healthcare reform. You're going to need it. This whole thing is set up like a house of cards that is going to make the mortgage implosion look like a popcorn fart.

Best Answer

You're right. Obama never has been about governing. It's the "permanent campaign."

Best Answer

Yes I am sick of hearing Obama blame every thing on Bush And I am sick of hear of hearing his apologist and worshipers constantly blaming Bush. It has come to the point that if there were no other reason I still would not vote for Obama.<br />
Obama has to get over the Idea that he is a dictator and stop bating the opposition with impossible proposals trying to trap them in a contradiction and grow up.

Best Answer

obummer could hardly get anything done with ALL congress...

Best Answer

now,now,lets not be negative..

Best Answer