when you and both your siblings (who live different lives with different interests, friends etc) are all depressed, suicidal, have low self esteem etc is it just a coincidence or is if safe to say our parents did something wrong?
untetheredsoul untetheredsoul 22-25, F 5 Answers Apr 18 in Health

genetics maybe !!

Best Answer

we have the worst genes

Best Answer

I WOULD SAY THEIR UPBRINGING IMPACED THE COURSE OF THEIR LIVES.

Best Answer

Are you are females?

Best Answer

nope

Best Answer

It could be as much to do with the way you live, schooling too, as your parents. If you have friends and interests they're not a severe depression going on. And, in life as adults we make ourself happy, or not

Best Answer

attempting to kill yourself is pretty severe in my opinion....

Best Answer

I'm a psychologist, so if someone has friends and interests this suggests the depression isn't severe. Maybe you want to be a victim and blame your parents. Be my guest

Best Answer

You're clearly not a good psychologist, but a very ignorant one. Having friends or not doesn't determine weather you're depressed or not, that's the most stupid **** I've ever heard

Best Answer

Or you could have clinical depression which is genetic and not environmental. At least as far as I know anyway.

Best Answer

all of us though?

Best Answer

I honestly don't know the details of the genetics but it's not remarkable for all siblings to have the same hair color.

Best Answer