The movement, led by Cano, received unanimous support to the Indigenous Day by the city council….Last week, Indigenous Peoples Day supporter and Lakota activist Bill Means told Minnesota Public Radio that the story that Christopher Columbus discovered America was “one of the first lies we’re told in public education.” … “We discovered Columbus, lost on our shores, sick, destitute, and wrapped in rags. We nourished him to health, and the rest is history,” Means told MPR. “He represents the mascot of American colonialism in the western hemisphere. And so it is time that we change a myth of history.” ---- http://www.newsoxy.com/lifestyle/columbus-day-indigenous-people-156915.html
chocomint chocomint 51-55, F 7 Answers Apr 29 in Politics

I'd rather it be free doughnut day.

Best Answer

That would be awesome if it was changed. Always thought that was offensive.

Best Answer

Why not Fookin give everybody a day... Then they can all shut up !!!

Best Answer
Best Answer

OK or Not OK.....It's still Columbus.... He led the way for a century of discovery !!! And his place in history is important....I know the whole story so don't start whining...

Best Answer

I ob<x>ject to the use of the word day. I feel that it detracts from the full aknowledement of the entire period and neglects the night and that it it is also speciesist. It should be called Indegenous Organisms Day/ Night.

Best Answer

"*******" ????

Best Answer

No, The indigenous people of the Americas lost. Have that day become someone for this nation than columbus

Best Answer

hahaha

Best Answer