My computer isn't letting me connect to internet sites other than facebook and twitter. Which is ridiculous. I troubleshooted and it said "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings". What does this mean and how do I fix it?
marleychick23 marleychick23 22-25, F 5 Answers Jul 2 in Community

It probably means that the computer is not using a proxy to connect, and you may have a host file installed on your computer under your account that allows access to only those sites. If you have admin access try creating a new account and see if you can get to other sites.

Best Answer

I figured out how to get onto sites through firefox instead of google chrome. But I prefer google chrome and when I tried to change the proxy settings through there it wouldn't let me because it said "these settings are enforced by an administrator". How do I deal with that?

Best Answer

Log in as admin. Chrome is really just IE with a Google skin. You need to disable proxy settings in IE. Tools- internet options- connections- lan settings

Whose computer is this?

Best Answer

How and where do I log in as an admin?

Best Answer

At the same point as you log in as yourself. If you don't know the admin password though, you're out of luck...

Best Answer

****

Best Answer

ok, lol

If it is your computer, you are probably the admin. try right click on the internet explorer icon on your desktop and choose run as administrator and then try the lan settings.

Best Answer

You can find the connection settings in Tools > Options > Advanced : Network : Connection<br />
If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet then select "No Proxy" do this

Best Answer

Disable firewall.

Best Answer

how

Best Answer

Depends on what firewall you have. Are you trying to look for ****? You dirty girl.

Best Answer

omg

Best Answer

go here -----> http://isitup.org/

Best Answer

only these two sites or all sites?

Best Answer

only those two. I'm using a different computer right now which is why i'm able to be on this site

Best Answer

I assume you are using windows 7 and these two sites are blocked on this computer.. or may be the internet service provider.. try google translate.. type url into the translate section such as www.facebook.com and translate it into any language say french see if it's working by this method.

Best Answer