And I just did it anyway when she went inside. Now we just google it and show them pics! Works great for me, have you tried it? Get some shocked looks from the kids but they think before they try some things again. Lol
Thelastlaugh Thelastlaugh 70+, M 5 Answers May 9, 2013 in Parenting & Family

I have teenagers who are unshockable..so, I just say stop it and threaten to beat them with a wooden spoon. Works for me. Lol

Best Answer

Lol, I always got the metal handle of a fly sweater or a hanger. My dad liked blood.

Best Answer

Lol ouch

Best Answer

Sure. They are creating a generation of couch potatoes who have no imagination as to what real play is like. All of their thinking is being done for them.

Best Answer

We lived in the country until my youngest was 10 so they know what dirty is and know what it's like to be to far out for cable, delivery food, ect. But your right in that they have so many things to play with. I spent many days using a stick and my imagination.

Best Answer

Not if you as a parent don't allow that. Many things were being done in town while I was growing up fixing fence so the cows and horses didnt get out. It was pointed out to me that wasn't my life. This was. I learned respect and how to do things just as I thought my kids. Can't sit back and lame, jump up and change. It's easy to make work fun for kids as long as your doing it together and the kids aren't playing with a remote.

Best Answer

If it hadn't been for my imagination when I was growing up, I would have had no toys to play with. I did away with lots of "bad guys" with nothing more than a homemade wooden sword and cardboard shield for protection.

Best Answer

Cardboard! Yes! Screw the new fridge I want the cardboard box. Ever cut out wings and try to fly?

Best Answer

Cardboard boxes had many uses, from airplanes to forts to race cars, and anything that the imagination could dream up.

Best Answer

Everything my parents told us not to do we did. There wasn't a nurse or Doctor who worked for the Flying Doctors we didn't know in time.

Best Answer

That's funny, I just started stitching myself up at 16. My kids freak their friends out when they get hurt, the other kids are thinking hospital and my kids are asking dad is this a superglue cut or can you stitch it up or do I have to go to the hospital? I don't want the hospital. It's funny how calm they have always been.

Best Answer

Exactly. If nothing was bent in the opposite direction or if the bleeding wasn't arterial. My parents didn't give a ****.
"Oh so you chopped the top of your thumb off chopping carrots did you? Use the other hand and finish dinner." True story.

Best Answer

Lol, you sure we don't have the same parents?

Best Answer

You ever step on a rusty nail and have them tape a chunk of potato on it? Lol I hated that crap and my kids love it. They always want the old people tricks instead of the dr. I did what I could but some things require a dr so it doesn't cause problems.

Best Answer

Rusty nail yes. Pitch fork even better. Left more holes - we were daring each other to get it closer to the others foot. An incident we had with a chainsaw we later labeled "1 down 9 to go." Parents refused to get us a tennis ball knowing we'd play brandy so we played with bricks instead. Oh and if takes less then 8 stitches then your a *****. All this before I was 12. Broke my arm on a scout camp. It was at an odd angle so I got my friends to pull on it till it looked right then bandaged with branches and didn't tell the leaders till we got back. By then the color was a give away.

Best Answer

Lmao. But ooohhh the fun.

Best Answer

I bow before your genius.

*bows*

Best Answer

Why is that? My scars from my goofs aren't as attention grabbing as the blood and an arrow sticking in the top of somebody's head like on the net. Lol

Best Answer

Just because you thought of it before me.

Best Answer

Lol so! Doesn't mean you have to tell them that. Get em!

Best Answer