How can a legitimate journalist report on a news story where he is now obviously become involved in? What legitimate news agency would allow this?
johnny048 johnny048 46-50, M 10 Answers Aug 18 in Politics

Sharpton does not identify himself as a journalist. Neither does MSNBC, he broadcasts there as an out and out advocate. NOthing wrong with that, its a free country last time I looked.

Best Answer

If you read carefully nowhere did I state in the above that Sharpton was a journalist. But the fact remains he is reporting on a news story nightly in which he has personally involved himself. If you can't see the conflict of interests there I can not help you.

Those that defend Sharpton and his antics are morally bankrupt. Those that practice moral selective outrage are despicable. Those that legitimize Sharpton are clueless.

Best Answer

I'll tell you this, I wish the Catholic Church had a hundred thousand Al Sharptons. All of them making a great big messy fuss every time one child even drops a smidgen of a hint that some person in authority messed with him. That's what I wish. I wish for a million loud mouthed Reverend Al Sharptons.

Best Answer

well A. Sharpton is a legitimate journalist and B. He is just a race pimp trying to make more money for himself and C. He works for a third rate news organization, wait third rate is way to high.

Best Answer

Al Sharpton is a journalist? Ok....he....must be working the military intelligence detail.

Best Answer

Al Sharpton is a racist piece of **** whose career is based solely on creating an incendiary relationship between races for the sole purpose of self promotion. Suggesting that he is "legitimate" is an insult to even the worst journalists.

Best Answer

MSNBC gave him a show, he appears on many other news shows. Meets with mayors and has the attention of the national media and alotta people in Missouri.

I assure you the question was rhetorical. It seems like a new precedent is being set by Sharpton and MSNBC. A reporter injecting himself into a news story then reporting about it on his own show. This is very dangerous.

Best Answer

Does that man still have creditability?

Best Answer

Sharpton is a race baiting idiot and income tax evader. He is meaningless.

Best Answer

He also has a show on msnbc every night.

Best Answer

I know that he does... but anyone who matters ignores it.

Best Answer

What makes you think news has anything to do with legitimacy?

Best Answer

Sharpton is a pot stirring turd.

Best Answer

It's only because the guy was black.

Best Answer