I've been with my fiance for 3 years, engaged for 8 months. As soon as we got engaged, I started having major anxiety, fear and doubt. I don't know what happened. I know he's a great guy and will be the best husband, no doubt about that. Right before we got engaged, all i could talk about was us getting engaged and starting a life together. I would often say if he didn't propose I was going to leave. Pre and post engagement, I always say i'm going to break up with him, but never do. I always say ok. after this event or holiday I will, and never do. So hard to let go of him. I feel so secure and comfortable. I love him. Just laying in bed with him is so nice. Any advice why i'm feeling this way? Will taking a break help at all?
confused2112 confused2112 26-30, F 4 Answers Dec 26, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

Are you in love him or simply love the comfort of having him there? It would seem to be the later....don't be selfish, he deserves to be with someone who WANTS to be with him, let him go.

Best Answer

Do you think you pressured him into the engagement? That could be a reason for your anxiety and confusion. If you want to leave then leave. Who's stopping you? Don't let your thoughts alter your decisions Just do it, leave, don't ponder on it. It's just another excuse to stay. I've been there.

Best Answer

im afraid i may be asking too much in a partner and that i may be too picky. i know that if i leave him, there are not many guys out there like him, regardless of what people think.

Best Answer

What is too much? It's ok to have standards. There are a few men out there who are willing you just have to be patient. The things we want come when we least expect it. Don't focus on it. It's not a matter of a perfect guy it's the principle of a guy being perfect for you.

Best Answer

You are just afraid of commitment. It could be that past relationships have got you down feeling skeptical or you are afraid that once you get married, he'll leave. I don't think you need a break. I think you either need to "stick it out" or leave. One of the two. If what you're worried about is so concerning, then you need to fix it or get out of the relationship, if you can't.

Best Answer

My mom told me the same thing about either leaving or sticking to it. I think for once in my life, I have a man who is so in love with me and the relationship is very good.

Best Answer

Then stay.

Best Answer