limehouse limehouse 41-45, M 9 Answers Jan 2, 2013 in Community

No but I do think there's a serious issue of over representation by congressmen. It's original intent was supposed to be a body closest to the people representing their interests at the federal level. Problem is they haven't added any new seats since 1913! All they do is shift how many each state gets every 10 years, which is why there's always a fight when it comes to drawing districts. So the end result is the average congressman represents a constituency of 500,000 or more people, thats larger than some cities! Who has the time or the money to cover areas that large? Then ask what interests are they likely going to really represent in order to win reelection with those rules.

Best Answer

Exactly..well put. thank you..

Best Answer

I thought they already did, except for US senate. Here in California we have two Obama like socialists we can't get rid of to save our soul.

Best Answer

No. The only reason the house is slow to pass stuff is because it's constantly campaigning for respective districts. That's a good thing in my book. Though it encourages representatives to be uncompromising, representatives are supposed to represent the "people's interests". So elections every 2 years, in theory, would keep them on task. Senators don't really have this problem, seeing that their terms are 6-years long.

Best Answer

So you think ..no terms...but my thought is this...per-say the " good ol boys club " hey they have been in so long, the lobbyist, the money flows were they want it, they get comfortably with this and kick backs for voting this way simply because they can...it's all about the power and money ...not the total outcome or who gets hurt in the middle..Look at Fanny Mae and Mr. Mac..the housing collapse , this probably shouldn't of happened if congress was doing what was right....Just my thought..

Best Answer

Yes and make them beg for raises like everyone else instead of voting their own!

Best Answer

Or at LEAST get rid of the two year terms. How the hell can you do your job when you spend your entire time soliciting donations and campaigning?

Best Answer

Yes...................

Best Answer

Yup. There's a lot of things wrong with politics.

Best Answer

Hell yes! Everyone knows this.

Best Answer

I would say i agree..but i don't ..not everyone knows this, or believes this..But i believe if we want a reprieve in our on government this is one huge step that needs to happen...It's not all just the president ..

Best Answer