PIPA and SOPA are possibly the worst pieces of legislation I've ever even heard of, and I've heard of some bad legislation.<br />
For example, under SOPA the Experience Project could be shut down if somebody was to link a torrent site. No evidence would be required, only an accusation and EP is gone. It's insane, impossible to enforce, and flat out evil. The internet would become a place where you can do nothing but buy things.

Best Answer

And that's the corporate way!!!!!

Best Answer

Censorship in any form is bullshit and against my constitutional rights! We all have the right of free speech in any form. Doesn't mean I have to agree with you, but it means you have the right to say what you please.

Best Answer

This is why no one should ***** about what people say here on EP whether it is sick or not...freedom of speech,right!!!!

Best Answer

Not saying anything against you of course but you nailed a point I tried to make to another on EP!Thank you!!

Best Answer

Welcome! (-:

Best Answer

I to agree, I have tried to make that point several times but it mostly falls on def ears. Many think they can censor the other guy, but it will never happen to them.

Best Answer

Another foul, underhanded way for major corporations to dig their heavy heals further down on our necks. Absolutely ridiculous. Its all about money and greed at the expense of freedom.

Best Answer

The rich and powerful screwing over the meek and poor....yes, thats an ongoing habit here.

Best Answer

i assert that SOPA and all the rest of it is pure, unadulterated evil. **sigh** i just don't know.

Best Answer

Lets Occupy this!

Best Answer

I signed the petition on change.org

Best Answer

Thanks!

Best Answer

Your welcome :)

Best Answer

Censorship in any form is unacceptable!

Best Answer

What would they do if everyone just shut down their computers and then closed down everything they possessed on the computer and closed their banking accounts and everything else linked to a computer...what then?!!!!!What if everyone demanded no more computers and made a vow to help each other to reach the White house and gather on the streets to REALLY occupy congress?.Every human that gave a **** about freedom went to that place to say "NO MORE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!What could anyone do about it?They would be out numbered a billion to one even if they had a million man army...a billion to one!!!!!Yeah,I'm a dreamer.....but what if?When did we all of a sudden become prisoners of the system anyway?Or were we all along?If so then who fooled us into the fantasy called freedom and when does the fantasy end?I'm ranting I know but what will it take for some real justice to be done before there is no justice to be had?I say **** the system and lets fight!!!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Matrix Neo. Nothing is wrong with dreaming. "Every great dream begins with a dreamer" We were never free. It's all an illusion and this is just another attempt to keep us down and to stop the efforts of people fighting the system. People are getting sick and tired and by having control over what's on the net they would be able to control and probably stop conversations like this and stop occupy and other protest movements. This new policy they are tyring to pass has nothing to do with protecting intellectual property. That's just a BS excuse to try to pass it.

Best Answer

That would be a sad day

Best Answer

This law is crazy? Do they realize how long it would take for music, movies, books, everything to get out to the public

Best Answer

Australia tried to do this a few years ago. WIkeleaks got a hold of the list of sites they were going to block. It was really bizarre. Online poker and some weird church or euthanasia. Our ISP providers said there was no filtering technology accurate enough and it wouldn't really work.

Best Answer

that's encouraging.

Best Answer

Resistance is futile. The Internet requires governing.

Best Answer

Impossible

Best Answer