DIYman DIYman 22-25, M 13 Answers Jul 14, 2012

Good idea, Absolutely! Though it's tough work, but can be rewarding, very...I have friends who work in that field.

Best Answer

Either a for a job or to learn, it's noble. Make them happy. Get going. Move!

Best Answer

I agree . It would be a noble endeavor . I hope you turn out to be one of the good ones. Because over the years I have Somme counselors who I just look at in amazement and think to myself , " How on earth does this guy think he's helping anyone. " Some people have the knack and compassion ,others don't and shouldn't be in that line of work .

Best Answer

You have to be the right kind of person to go into that. There is definitely a need for it, but people can burn out quickly. Don't decide lightly.

Best Answer

Yes, you're right-after a while, after the need just continues and continues or even gets greater than it was when you started, it's so easy to start feeling worn down. You spend all of that time and energy just supporting other people that you end up needing a lot of support yourself. You don't want to get 10 or 15 years into a career and not be able to stand it anymore because it's sucked the life out of you.

Best Answer

As I have a 13 year old son with Mental Illness, its not a job for thin skinned people. Unless you have been around them you haven't a clue to what they can put you through.

Best Answer

I think it would be rewarding but also stressful. You need the right mentality and patience for it.

Best Answer

absolutely

Best Answer

if its what you want, go for it. we need more people like u! im also thinking about going to school to work with those with developmental disorders. im thinking about neuroscience, maybe applying to MIT. im curious about your major and school?

Best Answer

Depends totally or your skills and personality, like any other potential career choice.

Best Answer

Question is a little vague, do you mean work in a workplace with them or work taking care of people with mental disabilities?

Best Answer