I mean, they have to know that there are people who are going to really insult them simply for asking.
ChipmunkErnie ChipmunkErnie 61-65, M 16 Answers May 11, 2012

Honestly, this new generation is so lazy.....when we were kids, we had to do our own self-loathing.

Best Answer

Yeah...and it was in black-and-white low definition, too!

Best Answer

I have no idea. But it's really annoying.

Best Answer

Its that cult of appearance put out there by advertising and the media. So few people can resist it and get real lives as teenagers.

Best Answer

When i was a teen id do the rate me thing. I always got great responses. I only did it for fun. I know im beautiful. Big after kids now but still beautiful. I was a member of an msn group called teen mix where there was a chatroom, message boards of regulars to the site. Everyone did the rate me thing. I posted pics so my friends there knew me.

Best Answer

The diametrically opposed optimist and masochist syndrome of the young.

Best Answer

Probaly not their pic or theyre attention seeking

Best Answer

Low self esteem and wondering if they fit into today's society

Best Answer

Don't you remember being a teenager and wanting the whole world to tell you you were okay? We still look for acceptance in our lives now, too. We just don't broadcast it as much.

Best Answer

I remember wanting to be liked, but not to the extent that I wandered around asking people "Am I good looking?", "Will you rate my looks?", etc.

Best Answer

True. Perhaps this generation is more focused on looks than anything. It's sad.

Best Answer

Desperate insecurity, normally only comes with teenage hormones, however I've seen 40-50 yr olds ask the same Q on here! WTF, how long does it take people to be less shallow and think that looks really count for anything?

Best Answer

If it redirects you to another site...its usually a Bot

Best Answer

I've seen it referring to their avatar or EP albums, too.

Best Answer