A sociology teacher I had once said studies show that statistically people in order of happinessness goes : Married men, single women, single men, married women. Married men being the happiest. Married women being last... meaning the least happy. Why do you think this is?
ZeppelinGal ZeppelinGal 22-25, F 5 Answers Jun 7 in Dating & Relationships

I guess married women have been fooled into thinking they can have it all. They want a successful career, Prince Charming, and happy kids. They're aiming for unrealistic standards and realizing how futile it is

Best Answer

Agree, women usually dream too high, and when they realize that they can't achieve it all the get down.

Best Answer

that's a wonderful perspective and a great answer.

Best Answer

They are constantly multi-tasking because they have to.

Best Answer

I think one reason married men are so happy is because their moms have finally stopped nagging them to "settle down". Maybe married woman are least happy because they gave up their careers to have children? idk just speculation.

Best Answer

That sounds like a made up statistic

Best Answer

no, that sounds like a made up science.

Best Answer

Sociology?

Best Answer

Really? I've yet to meet a married man that is happier than a single man.

Best Answer

I was surprised too. Second happiest were single women, and out of all the single women I know it seems like they are all chasing after men. But I guess our small pools don't represent everybody.

Best Answer

True say. Though pursuing the opposite gender seems to just be the status quo for single 20-somethings, not necessarily a sign of dissatisfaction.

Best Answer