a lot of American adults secretly hating them compared to most first world countries? Not saying that any of this is true at all but after looking at the US justice system and how extremely far it goes as screwing a lot children over(with crime and family court system) and after looking at the ridiculously high child abuse rate in the US, it makes me wonder though(not saying that I'm convinced that this is true).
Incognito666 Incognito666 18-21, M 5 Answers Sep 3 in Politics

No. I don't. I think that the only statistics people tend to see are the bad ones (and a very large percentage of statictical material is outright false). Having said that, children are being coddled. Which is a forn of non physical abuse and neglect. The consequenses of which are only begining to be seen in lack of ambition and ability.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Unwanted children is one of the problems the USA is facing, there is a long list of things that should not be. I think countries like Vietnam (for instance) have a much stronger sense of family. Many American families scatter to the four winds and have little contact with each other, and there are also far too many unwanted pregnancies and fatherless homes.

Best Answer

The worst thing about this subject is that plenty of other first world countries are much more likely to serve justice for children(when it comes to crime and broken families) than the US, based on reading plenty of articles from those other countries. I think it's because most of us Americans on average are just too selfish, greedy, lazy and stupid to fix this problem that we have in our country.

Best Answer

"too selfish, greedy, lazy and stupid" Hey! Take it easy. It's just that the selfish, greedy, lazy, and stupid ones get the most attention. I actually blame multi media for all the things you have mentioned. Years of garbage in garbage out.

Best Answer

Okay, maybe I am generalizing too much about ourselves but the point is, I think we need to get our act together with our own problems and actually speak louder with actions than with words to actually back up the "US is one of the greatest countries among the first world" statements of ours.

Best Answer

The thing we treasure most contributes to the things that harm us most. Our 'wild west' culture stems from multi media indoctrination and brain washing and that "brainwashing" is there because of our unregulated freedom. People are free to flood everyone's senses with negative influential stimulus. We are constantly bombarded with negative stimulus from a very young age. Garbage in-garbage out. Sorry to move so far away from the original subject of this thread. I guess my final answer is .."Yes. That is a problem. We are not the worst but we could certainly be better."

Best Answer

Whaaaaaat

Best Answer

I think a lot of parents are taking a hands-off approach to parenting. But I think that's mainly because they're too busy and aren't paying attention. It's not that they "hate" them, they're just overwhelmed and lazy.

Best Answer

Yeah. It's true but it's not just parenting alone that I'm talking about. It's about children and adults in general. For instance, there's was a debate on a website I found on whether or not minors should ever receive the death penalty. Nearly more than half of the votes supported yes and they say it's because of tax dollars. They also believed that a minor even as young as 8 years old that committed a serious crime should be held 100% accountable as if the parents have absolutely nothing to be guilty of. While I do believe that everyone should be held responsible for their own actions, there are cases that are very different and that I take a slow look at. Not saying that parents are at total fault but they are the adults and the child still might possibly be learning from life sentences. While I honestly have no opinion on the death penalty, I honestly don't believe it should be used on minors and that the worst we can do to them is give them life without parole.

Best Answer