lovaticforever13 lovaticforever13 13-15, F 19 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Health

Yeah, but it isn't easy. You need some kind of income and a place to stay.

Best Answer

Many young men have survived in NY or NYC. However I would catch a freight for Texas.

Best Answer

Yes, if s/he has FRIENDS.

Best Answer

Ny state probably. Nyc way way doubtful. Not even worth the try without a very definate plan before you go.

Best Answer

It would be tough ... I've heard it's very expensive to live in NY. <br />
You would have to have a job .. and a place to live. I'm sure young people do it all the time .. but I'm not sure how sucessfully and how safe they are.<br />
I would advise against you going there alone with no job prospects ... not a good idea.

Best Answer

Yeah, I guess it's not a very good idea. I really want to be an actress, so I figured most stars like Lucille Ball started out in NY, so maybe I could! I'm not sure though, I still have 5 years left!

Best Answer

Yeah, loads of them are already doing it.

Best Answer

Yeah. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to.

Best Answer

not just any 18y.o. a ressourceful independent 18 y.o. with maybe the help of friends or something, possibly but that's not necessarily a safe thing to do/try

Best Answer

Find a guide. A friend of a friend. Some church or community leader. You will need help. There are street tramps and hustlers all over. When I got there at 20, I loved it of course but definitely got duped by dishonest people. The hardest thing on moving there is finding an apartment. The second hardest is finding a job. The rest is fun. Start saving your money!

Best Answer

I'm not 18 yet, but I have ALOT of money saved up in my bank account. Also, I was thinking about bringing (if I have one by then) my boyfriend, because then I'd have a man to protect me ;)

Best Answer

Yes many adults survive in NY w/o their parents or family. It's call 'growing up' and people do it every day.

Best Answer

You would need a job first, like anywhere else. New York isn't as scary as it may seem, just stay in the nice parts of the city and Island, again, like any other city/area.

Best Answer

I'm sure it's been done. I have lived on my own since age 15. Although, I live in Illinois.

Best Answer

Well of course....I was born and raised there! There's no boogyman ....

Best Answer